CONTINOUS IMPROVEMENT SPECIALIST (TEMPORARY POSITION) |
At Bombardier, 70,000 employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide one good idea after another.
Based in St-Bruno, QC, you will be responsible for supporting the Operational Performance Management in all AME's sites. In addition, you will be responsible for supporting the Continuous Improvement Agents based in different locations in order to reduce transaction costs and respecting the AME and Bombardier Transporation standards.
In your role, you will:
- Contribute to the improvement and sustainability of the Operations Performance Management system in AME
- Align across all sites in BT AME and with BT Group about the standard KPIs and the methodology to extract and report them
- Perform monthly reviews and analyses of the KPIs and improvement plans for Operations with the top management and the CI teams of each site
- Support in the definition and coordination of the strategic activities and initiatives in AME
- Support the AME Strategic Operations Continuous Improvement Plan elaboration and implementation
- Consolidate the BOS/Q6/SL6 activities in AME integrated into the AES system
- Support the Continuous Improvement teams in the different sites to meet the objectives
- Lead and facilitate specific continuous improvement workshops in the sites when required
- Support the definition, implementation and control of AME standards and processes for Operations
- Develop pilots, standards and procedures required according to the need of the sites
- Participate to the deployment of the standards in AME in the sites when required
- Execute, coordinate and support internal audits related to key processes and defined standards
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold a university degree in Industrial Engineering or Continuous Improvement or related field with performance management specialization as an asset
- You have a minimum of five (5) years' experience in corporate strategy and performance driven environments
- You have already worked in Operations in contact with shop floor, in a rail industry as an asset;
- You have a Kaizen and continuous improvement mindset;
- You possess solid understanding and experiences in the application of Kaizen methodology in shop floor;
- You have analytical and strong problem solving abilities;
- You have advanced knowledge of Continuous Improvement techniques/tools and their application to achieve bottom line growth;
- Your knowledge of LEAN including any certifications such as Black Belt, Green Belt etc. will be considered as an asset;
- You have a strong ability to communicate and build relationships to evolve in a top management communication zone as well as in a shop floor environment;
- You have the proven ability to influence internal stakeholders;
- You have an excellent command of English and French, both oral and written and Spanish as an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.