MANAGER REGULATORY AFFAIRS AND SYSTEMS SAFETY |
REQUISITION NUMBER: TAME-CATO1218019
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Based in Toronto, Canada, you will report directly to the General Manager of Operations, You will be responsible for ensuring that the operation meets regulatory compliance with all government regulations. You will supervise all training, safety and environment, HS&E, SMS updates submissions and data management.
In your role you will:
- Interact with TCS to develop training programs and criteria that are conducive to the GO Operations model;
- Provide data used to determine manpower requirements;
- Be the liaison with GO Transit and CN in the screening and hiring of personnel;
- Ensure that systems are in place to track medical and rule qualification due dates as well as maintaining records of territory familiarization of QCTO's and CTO's;
- Interact with Transport Canada and the RAC on regulatory issues and operational audits;
- Ensure that regulatory changes and updates are obtained, reviewed and implemented through bulletins/notices and manuals;
- Conduct risk assessments for proposed changes within BT Operations;
- Provide support for operational changes that BT needs to implement;
- Ensure that BT is current on Operating Rules and where required job briefings and/or training;
- Oversee the BT Health and Safety Committee providing direction for them on day to day and future initiatives;
- Recommend corrective action for safety incidents and concerns both internally and to the customer and host railroads;
- Participate in BTNA health and safety conference calls;
- Ensure that regulatory criteria such as work rest rules, crew training, qualifications, re-certification, and first aid are properly captured for OMS inputting;
- Be responsible for capturing the relevant H&S information that is inputted into the BT GRACIS data base;
- Manage the BT Operations Safety Management System (SMS) requirements providing changes and updates to the customer, regulator and host railways;
- Ensure that any changes are filed yearly with the customer, regulator and host railways.
As our ideal candidate:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at NA
- You hold a Secondary School Degree;
- You cumulate between from (2) to five (5) years of Canadian Rail Operations;
- You have previous management and regulatory affairs experience;
- You possess knowledge on the following softwares: Lotus Notes, MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point, Access, Publisher, Crystal and Visio;
- You own a very strong analytical thinking
- You have excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken.
Your ideas move people.
the evolution of mobility