the evolution of mobility
A t Bombardier, our employees on five continents work together to evolve mobility worldwide, one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we will provide you with an environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Contract Manager, IT
Based in one of the Aerospace plants in the Greater Montreal area, you will report to the Manager, Procurement, IT. You will be responsible for managing the overall relationship with specific suppliers, evaluating their performance and ensuring that full contract value is being obtained. You will be required to deliver business performance through focus on all elements for products and services sourced with this supplier. This includes areas outside of procurement activities such as technical performance, quality, on-time delivery and others.
As a Contract Manager in the Vendor Management IT organization, you will interact closely with both the Procurement organization and the IT team.
In your role, you will:
- A ct as the subject matter expert and single point of contact for all contract-related activities;
- Resolve contract problems, mitigate delays and escalate disputes, if necessary;
- Track, measure, report and evaluate vendor performance. Ensure that full Contract value is being obtained;
- Manage and monitor contract milestones, supplier KPI's (key performance indicators) and overall vendor relationship with using a standardized supplier scorecard;
- Trigger and monitor service improvement activities and action items;
- Coordinate all vendor management tasks, which includes working with external vendors and internal employees;
- Maintain and develop the relationships with the vendors and stakeholders;
- Establish a governance structure and hold monthly/quarterly governance meetings;
- Report on contract performance results to internal stakeholders;
- Participate in the prioritization of supplier reviews, in order to help increase their value to Bombardier;
- Design, organize and manage strategic reviews at the Business Segment's management and suppliers' level;
- Coordinate with counterparties in procurement and other business groups to leverage strategic initiatives and ensure optimal benefits for Bombardier;
- Assist in the preparation of Requests for information (RFI) & Requests for Proposals (RFP) and support contract negotiations with suppliers, as required; and
- Participate in compliance requirements audits.
As our ideal candidate,
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
- You have a bachelor's degree in business administration or equivalent and five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in vendor management, vendor relationship management or supply chain management (IT knowledge is a strong asset);
- You are comfortable with complex technical topics, and have a strong knowledge of legal terminology and interpretation of contracts;
- You have experience in long-term vendor relationship management, including providing feedback on KPI's and deliverables over time;
- You have excellent project management skills involving multi-functional teams and various levels of management;
- You have experience in negotiation;
- You are detail oriented, focused and committed to meeting deadlines;
- You are a strong team player and can be a role model to your colleagues; have excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and French; and possess an advanced knowledge of the MS Office suite.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at NA
Your ideas move people.