|Job Ref:||TGIS-CASB01231136||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Quebec||City:||St. Bruno||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 22:03|
With its headquarters in Berlin, Germany and with 63 production & engineering sites in 26 countries, 18 global service centres, and a rolling stock installed base exceeding 100.000 rail cars worldwide, Bombardier Transportation is the global leader in rail industry. |
We cover full spectrum of rail solutions - from complete trains to sub-systems, maintenance services, system integration and signalling. While offering the broadest portfolio in rail industry, our 39.700 employees are highly dedicated to delivering ingenious products and services for better and more sustainable ways to move the world.
If you are an international profile and you have a good idea that might shape how people move around the world, apply for our exciting IS Architect - Business Solutions & Services - Global Supply Chain role.
We will provide the environment where your idea will surely thrive and grow into a great product/service or customer experience.
The position will be located in our Headquarters in Berlin, Germany. The holder of the role will report to the Head of Business Solutions and Services GSC and will be part of Group IS.
KEY RESPONSABILITIES & CHALLENGES
Leading the evolution of BT's strategic GSC architecture
• Dominates the architecture and design of standard IS solutions and services;
• Master the ERP technology (SAP) and other key market solutions used in supply chain or planning / manufacturing environments;
• Drives the consolidation of BT's GSC applications landscape;
• Map Business requirements to as is and to be standard IS architecture;
• Architect missing standard building blocks (solutions);
• Responsible for design to ensure that the target applications, in a technical / application architecture, will meet functional requirements ;
• Prepares a solution vision or solution outline incl. for bids or an invitation to tender;
• Produces solution outlines and migration paths that show the evolution of a system from baseline state to target state incl. roadmap and business service for BSS;
• Document and maintain as is and to be IS landscape;
• Define metrics to measure and demonstrate Architecture value.
Ensure consistency of designed and implemented architecture
• Consults projects on architecture related topics during the physical implementation of a logical architecture, or a detailed software architecture;
• Ensures that the designed solutions are implemented or that changes fit to the standard architecture if rework is needed.
Guide business in usage of our standard architecture
• Consult the business on Architecture related questions;
• Monitor that the standard architecture solutions and services are properly used to ensure data integrity and makes the business being more effective;
• Interacts with business and IS Applications to improve services.
Drives decisions for a business case
• Understand and calculates benefits of new architecture solutions for the business case;
• Supports approval process for business case.
• We welcome candidates with at least 10 years of previous professional experience in the field of Architecture, Applications, Infrastructure, Data Analytics/Mining and/or Business Relationship Management.
• Proven record of relevant experience in defining, deploying and support for ERP solutions within the field of Supply Chain and/or Manufacturing Planning is a must;
• Expertise with ERP environment and/or big data analytics/mining within the railway industry or within a global manufacturing business is desirable;
• Excellent technical leadership and proven business acumen are a must;
• Good analytics and problems solving skills are essential for the role;
• High influence, very good communication and presentation skills, and mastery in relationship management are essential for the role as the holder will have to reach consensus among numerous, and all level internal & external stakeholders;
• A Bachelor degree (BA) or equivalent in Business Administration, Management and/or Information Technology related fields;
• Excellent verbal and written skills in English are mandatory. Additional languages as German, French, Spanish, Italian will be a plus.