|Job Ref:||1619032||Employer:||Tyco||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Post Date:||18/10/2016 22:07|
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.|
Management of the Post order Fire Alarm and Security Designers and CAD operators in supporting the Project and installation teams within, Regional Installation business, to design prepare specifications in line with company policies, relevant British and European Standards. Ability to have an objective and proactive approach in producing detailed designs to qualify equipment and labour requirements to enable accurate costs to be established. An ability to produce fully detailed specifications and technical submittals with complete detailed schematics & drawings to meet with design criteria. There will be a requirement to work at all company branches (base specified) throughout UK&I or at a customer's premises in support to the Operational Teams as required.
Localised Branch post order support for Project Manager’s / Field Line Manager’s where required to value-engineer solutions further once orders have been received to assist in maintaining and/or improving Project margins. Where required as variation orders on works in Hands with the operational teams. Ability to have an objective and proactive approach in reviewing detailed designs to provide value engineered solutions where required and to produce fully detailed specifications and technical submittals with complete detailed schematics & drawings to meet with design criteria.
- Manage and lead the Electrical Post order designers and CAD teams to ensure,
- All aspects of Fire alarm and / or Security design work for projects within the business as may be required.
- Prepare quotes and specifications to customer requirements and in line with company procedure and client requirements.
- To support the Sales, Account, Project Managers and FLM’s with consultancy or design issues.
- To maintain organisation and planning ability of own workload but additionally to work as a national team wherever required
- Review, comment and approve the technical conformity of specifications produced by others.
- Responsibility for checking and highlighting design changes.
- To liaise with Subcontractors where applicable.
- Developing Technical Manuals and / or presentation portfolios for progression toward to the Technical Author.
- Attending pre/ post design meetings with Account Managers, Projects Team and customers accordingly.
- Design team training and up skilling.
- Team Productivity management and work allocation.
Previous experience of:
- Electrical Engineering Building Solutions would be preferred but not essential
- Innovative Integrated Solutions
- Design specifications / Presentational Packages
- Working with and producing contractual documentation
- Team Management Matters
- IP Systems
- Construction & Contract Law Training
- Health & Safety IOSH
- PC literacy, including knowledge of Microsoft Office suite products.
- Electrical Operational Schematics
- Contract Law
- Construction Industry and Tender related working standards
- British Standards and current Regulations for Electrical, Building, Construction, Fire and Security Systems
- 17th Edition Wiring Regulations would be preferred but not essential
- CDM Regulation would be preferred but not essential
- Operational knowledge of CAD would be preferred but not essential
IP Accreditation (Cisco/IBM)
Preferably you will be of chartered status (or working towards) and hold C / I ENG status (or equivalent).