|Job Ref:||1617887||Employer:||Tyco||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Manitoba||City:||Winnipeg||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 22:08|
The primary function of this position is to be accountable for the sales activities of the Contracting sales representatives in the
attainment of assigned goals. This includes all aspects of interviewing, hiring, training, support, selling, counseling and, if
necessary, terminating sales representatives. Furthermore, this position is involved in implementing company sales and
marketing strategies on a local level as well as developing sales strategies that align with corporate, regional and district goals
• Interview potential candidates using Company guidelines to determine suitability for job assignment. Determine best-qualified candidate in conjunction with District General Manager and Department Managers and initiate employment activities in accordance with Company policy.
• Establish sales representatives' territories and account assignments that provide proper customer and market coverage according to company procedure, (i.e., Geographical territory, end users, vertical markets, architects and engineers) within the assigned District territory for all products. Develop a local marketing plan following Company strategies to penetrate specifically identified markets.
• Manage and direct the sales efforts and activities of the Sales Reps in each department. Travel with the sales representatives to various customer and potential customer facilities, coach and critique the sales representative's actions before and after each call to strengthen their selling skills.
• Conduct regular district sales meetings that include Electronic sales, Sprinkler Sales, Suppression Sales and all Service Sales personnel. Ensure alignment across sales departments. Create a team atmosphere that promotes lead-sharing, joint sales calls and strategic planning.
• Counsel any sales representative who fails to meet the Company employee standards for sales goal attainment, and/or in conjunction with District General Manager and in accordance with Company policy, initiate disciplinary action up to and including dismissal of any sales representative who continues to perform in a sub-standard mode.
• Hire, transfer, terminate or affect other personnel actions for subordinate employees. Set goals and objectives for subordinates; communicate expectations to employees, and periodically review/subordinate's performance. Identify areas of improvement, and implement necessary development and training programs or other appropriate actions. Abide by Federal, State and local laws and regulations, as well as, company policies and programs.
• Accountability for employee and office compliance with Company safety programs. Responsible for ensuring that employee safety training is thorough, complete, and up-to-date within Company timetables. Identifies safety hazards and issues and notifies safety coordinator or committee for recommendations and corrective actions. Implements safety recommendations and corrective Beginning actions in a timely manner.
• Perform other duties as directed.
Accountable for meeting assigned goals and objectives for the Contracting sales department.
Direct impact on profitability, the Company's image and reputation, and market share for assigned district territory.
Education: Bachelor degree preferably in a business or engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
Experience: Minimum of 5-7 years experience in a sales management role with direct supervision of professional sales personnel.
Other: Demonstrated management/leadership abilities to include training, team building, presentation and negotiation skills, district administration, and effective interaction with customer/company management.
ATTRIBUTES AND CHARACTERISTICS
• Demands integrity in others; builds trust and is widely trusted; models behaviors expected of others; keep commitments • Lets people know where they stand; addresses people problems and situations; rewards and promotes managerial courage
• Promotes customer-focused business practices; is dedicated to meeting internal and external customer expectations
• A relentless and versatile learner; manages change adeptly, acting with urgency and flexibility
• Counsels, mentors, and teaches; is a people builder
• Fosters open dialogue; creates a feeling of belonging in the team; creates strong morale and spirit in the team
• Inspires and motivates others; thinks strategically; transforms setbacks into learning opportunities
• Creates an environment that invites, recognizes and respects diversity of background, viewpoints and style; drives an inclusive environment; models inclusive behaviors
• Shows ambition and desire to get ahead; has passion to succeed; gets the right things done; supports management decisions regardless of personal feelings; clearly communicates expectations and manages non-performance
• Has clear understanding of our business, business processes, competitors, the environment, and our customers