A world of opportunity awaits you
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, we’ve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But we’re always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, it’s vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
About the role:
- The qualified candidate will be integral in the continued success and growth of the district's service department possess high energy level, strong administrative skills with emphasis on organizational abilities, interpersonal communications, and customer service skills.
- Must have attention to detail and excellent communication skills are required.
- Candidate will perform a variety of customer service/dispatching and administrative duties required to receive, screen, record, prioritize, assign, and close customer requests for technical service support and life safety systems inspections.
- Must have a positive attitude, ability to learn quickly, and able to work under pressure.
- Excellent administrative skills are a must. Proficiency with MS Word and Excel required, Oracle and web based platform systems experience preferred.
- Contact customer to communicate status changes.
- Professionally field customer complaints and attempt to resolve, involving supervisor when necessary.
- Validate and perform invoicing transactions for service calls in Oracle based computer systems daily.
- Know and use formal and informal channels to achieve faster work results for the team.
- Exercise independent discretion and judgment to solve problems regarding the daily administrative requirements.
- Maintain and organize department records (both paper and electronic files).
Who we’re looking for:
- High School diploma or equivalent certification required.
- 2 years administrative experience, scheduling experience preferred.
- 2 years of experience working in a corporate environment preferred.
- Experience in Fire and Security or other major industries a plus.
- Strong PC literacy, advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, or PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong work ethic and ability to communicate effectively with upper management.
- Ability to navigate through matrix organization and multi-task, problem-solve, and adapt to change in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Customer service mindset and high interpersonal savvy and approachability.
- Consistent pleasant and professional demeanor toward all levels of team members.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks with a minimum of guidance and oversight.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must be able pass a pre-employment background and drug-screening.
Tyco’s mission is to advance safety and security by finding smarter ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect the places where people live and work. Our products and solutions help to protect:
- 80% of the world’s top 200 retailers
- More than 1,000,000 fire fighters around the world
- 90% of the top 50 oil and gas companies
- 300 international airports
- 100 major stadiums around the world
- Most of the Fortune 500
- 50% of US universities
- Nearly 3 million commercial, government and residential customers
Rewards and benefits:
We’ll expect a lot from you, but we’ll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we’ll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you’ll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
A world of opportunity awaits you at NA