Overall Purpose of the Job: Collection of outstanding monies and resolving customer queries to achieve the company’s collection and bad debt objectives. (This Senior role ensures the achievement of high customer collection targets, essential to the profitability of the company). The management of overdue accounts, reducing the company’s risk and minimizing losses. |
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with third party collectors to ensure timely escalation of collection procedures;
- Assist third party collectors with daily requests of contracts, invoices and statements;
- Visit third party collectors to sort out customer queries, closing of books and hand over of new outsourced bad debt written off books.
- Ensure bad debt recoveries are processed and offsetting is done daily.
- Investigate and clear off credit balances on 3 rd party collector’s book daily.
- Ensure timeous & accurate handling of deceased, sequestrated, liquidated estates, Debt Review and Business Rescue customers;
- Develop a thorough understanding of the legal process for judgment debts;
- Liaise with the Credit Bureau on a weekly basis regarding tracing, default listing of customers and update client payment profile;
- Ensure that Media Complaints and Credit Bureau disputes are resolved;
- Send out Final demands for default listing to customers daily.
- Maintain and update customer profile with notes regarding bad debt recoveries and credit bureau entries.
- Maintain customer rehabilitation and reinstatement processes.
- Maintain collections & hand-over procedures to lawyers and 3 rd party collectors efficiently & accurately;
- Provide Paid up letters to Customers;
- To ensure all pre-legal collection process adhere to the various credit/consumer protection laws;
- Liaise with attorneys and or collection agencies to ensure maximum return on outsourced / handed-over accounts are met;
- Provide instructions on litigation matters to Attorneys;
- Ensure that all 3 rd party collectors’ invoices for payment are correct and balances with the bank statement as per their remittance advises.
- Ensure that recoveries are identified correctly, accurately and recorded on the system;
- Responds to escalated telephone/e-mail inquiries and assists in solving queries related to the customer’s accounts;
- Ensure that email queries are followed up and completed daily;
- Maintaining debtors ageing according to policies and procedures;
- Attend Debtors Credit Review meetings;
- Ensure Offsetting done daily;
- Ensure Reinstatements are done daily;
- Ensure that all transactions requests have the relevant documentation attached per policy;
- Provide monthly reports, updates to Credit Manager as required;
- Ensure monthly processing deadlines are met as required;
- Any other duties as delegated from time to time by the Manager or any other person designated in their absence;
- Hold meetings to discuss progress against performance of KPI’S.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Credit Control Environment;
- Strong working knowledge of the Credit Control industry;
- Strong Admin and Query Orientated Back Ground;
- 3 rd Party and Lawyer Collection Experience;
- Credit Bureau experience;
- Legal Experience.
- Display a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Have the ability to network with 3 rd party collectors in the industry and engage and maintain relationships with key third party collectors;
- Recognise and communicate in a timely manner with relevant stakeholders regarding changes to processes or business interruptions that may impact on their area;
- Document procedures, and ensure adherence to same;
- Extract and analyse data, and summarise findings, including making recommendations based on findings;
- Communicate in a clear, short and effective written and verbal formats;
- Proficiently use Microsoft applications;
- Maintain and support the ADT culture when interacting with staff and the customers served.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure & with difficult customers
- Excellent telephone skills
- Computer literate – intermediate Excel skills requirement
- Accuracy & attention to detail essential
- Excellent reconciliation skills