|Job Ref:||1619043||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||India||City:||Bangalore||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 22:10|
TFPP Physics and Modeling group (located in Cranston, RI, USA) is currently hiring a Statistician/Data Scientist to work in our Bagalore, India office. With a tradition of customized service and a passion for technology and innovation, Tyco develops practical, integrated fire protection and security solutions for increasingly complex environments. The Physics and Modeling Statistician/Data Scientist will be responsible for providing expertise and technical leadership in applying numerical methods and algorithms to solve and analyze problems involving fluid flows in the field of fire and life safety. |
Preferred Education: University (Degree) Minimum Experience: 5 years, •MS degree in mathematics, applied mathematics, statistics or a relevant engineering discipline required. Advanced degree is a plus.• Stay abreast of and adopt, as appropriate, new technologies, new innovation processes and is comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment.
• Highly proficient in the details of the products he/she has been involved with, but still provides creative improvement suggestions (contributions) to the definition of new products. Develops and effectively communicates his/her ideas or improvements/variations on the ideas of others.
• Provides technical help and suggestions for other engineers; is eventually recognized as an expert in the product(s) he/she supports or develops. In general, shares his/her knowledge with others.
• Hands-on contributor and team player
• Good communication skills - written and verbal
• Manages individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
• Understanding of Data Science algorithms and methods.
• Work closely with team to design, develop and validate Data Science models for business problems.
• Understand business problem and formulate them into a Data Science problem to solve those using empirical methods.
• Able to choose/apply the right big data / machine learning technologies to solve the given business problem.
• Investigate continuously into adapting new technologies for decision science and decision support applications.
• Advanced math skills, with deep knowledge and understanding of numerical and statistical methods and machine learning algorithms and how they can be used to solve complex problems quickly and effectively.
• Proficient in enterprise grade programming languages such as Java and Python.
• Proficient in the use of data analysis platforms such as R, Python (e.g. pandas, statsmodels, sklearn) and RapidMiner.
• Proficient in the use of numerical modelling tools, such as Mathematica and MATLAB/Octave.
• Proficient in the use of big data platforms and paradigms, such as Apache Spark, Apache Storm and Hadoop/MapReduce.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs, such as Word and Excel.
• Ability to multi-task. Ability to work in geographically separated diverse teams.