|Job Ref:||1619039||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||India||City:||Bangalore||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 22:10|
TFPP Physics and Modeling group (located in Cranston, RI, USA) is currently hiring a Mechanical Engineering Analyst to work in our Bangalore, India office. With a tradition of customized service and a passion for technology and innovation, Tyco develops practical, integrated fire protection and security solutions for increasingly complex environments. The Physics and Modeling Mechanical Engineering Analyst will be responsible for providing expertise and technical leadership in applying numerical methods and algorithms to solve and analyze problems involving fluid flows in the field of fire and life safety. |
Preferred Education: University (Degree) Minimum Experience: 5 years, Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering required, Experience working in Linux environment is a plus.
• Stay abreast of and adopt, as appropriate, new technologies, new innovation processes and is comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment.
• Deliver disruptive and creative solutions to current design problems.
• Ability to work collaboratively with other engineering functions to drive prototype and proof of concept solutions into formalized new product development/new product introduction process.
• Highly proficient in the details of the products he/she has been involved with, but still provides creative improvement suggestions (contributions) to the definition of new products. Develops and effectively communicates his/her ideas or improvements/variations on the ideas of others.
• Provides technical help and suggestions for other engineers; is eventually recognized as an expert in the product(s) he/she supports or develops. In general, shares his/her knowledge with others.
• Very adaptable and open to new concepts and procedures. Identifies weaknesses in present policies and practices and makes constructive suggestions for change.
• Responsible for the design, the development and the application of computational simulations (i.e. Ansys Fluent/Mechanical, OpenFOAM) to understand and optimize current products/systems.
• Provides expertise and technical leadership in applying numerical methods and algorithms to solve and analyze problems involving thermal, fluids, and structural challenges.
• Solid understanding of applying mechanical engineering principles to analyze complex products to support goal of optimizing current designs and design processes.
• Working knowledge of the latest computational, such as Ansys Fluent/Mechanical and OpenFOAM, including pre-processing, simulation, and post-processing.
• Able to interpret simulation results and communicate results and findings to organization
• Hands-on contributor and team player
• Good communication skills - written and verbal
• Manages individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
Experience with various commercial finite element tools a plus. Familiarity with 3D drawing CAD systems a plus, but not required. Solid basic math skills. Problem solving skills. Proficient in MS office programs such as Word and Excel. Ability to multi-task. Ability to work in geographically separated diverse teams.