|Job Ref:||1616197||Employer:||Tyco||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Post Date:||18/10/2016 22:11|
Project and Installation Supervisor - Midlands Based (Closing Date 2nd November 2016)|
The JCI business continues to expand in the contracting market place focused on delivery within a large geographical territory and to a targeted customer base.
Our current business model focuses on the development of the control processes of contracting projects. A new role has been defined within the Management structure that encompasses direct project supervision in support of the overall project management team. The successful candidate will show a strong desire to work within the team, to meet and exceed financial/performance expectations and further improve Client relationships.
Working with the Project Manager, the role includes the specific focus and targeting of H&S, programme management, site control and Sub-Contractor management along with developing our relationships with our customers. The role is both challenging and rewarding and the successful candidate will be well positioned for further career development within the division and the wider organisation.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the role will be responsible for:
• Direct supervision of the specialist/subcontractor and commissioning teams to ensure all site based activities and installations are progressed in line with contractual requirements and within applicable industry standards.
• To ensure all Health and Safety requirements are fulfilled including EHS responsibility at site level, ensuring all site teams are conversant with and working within agreed Rams, delivery of bespoke and company tool box talks, site level audits and management of permits and safe working processes. Promotion of Zero Harm safe working practices.
• Responsible for the implementation of procedures for the execution of work, briefing instructions to the site teams in a timely fashion and ensuring that best practice is exercised.
• Conduct regular safety and quality audits on the Engineers and Sub-Contractors to ensure that the employees are using the correct equipment in the correct manner.
• Monitor Health & Safety of allocated site based staff and Sub-Contractors, ensuring compliance with all legislation.
• To ensure that all operatives are fully productive, cost efficient and maintain a professional image. • Monitoring and reporting of progress at site level and to the Project Manager/Client team.
• Daily planning and material/subcontractor management.
• To ensure customer satisfaction, liaise at Client meetings and to attend on site reviews.
• To develop and implement bespoke on-site training at Client level.
• Liaison with the Project Manager on progress and procurement and to maintain a close working relationship with the Project Manager to review and improve the department’s current aims and objectives.
• Record, monitor and advise the Project Manager of any defects and specification deviations.
• Direct and co-ordinate large teams of ADT Engineers and Sub-Contractors work whilst on site.
Preferred Previous Experience
• Installation management
• Commissioning skills in fire and/or security related products.
• Sub-contractor management.
• Management at a site/construction level.