The CAD Technician will be responsible for all facets of design drafting for our existing and perspective Utility clients.|
- Completion of design drawings, quantity calculations and as-built drawings for various types of utility projects using various software packages (e.g. AutoCAD, Microstation)
- Assisting in field surveys using total station or GPS. Previous survey experience shall be considered an asset
- Liaises with contractors, field staff
- Performs other duties as required
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum of one year of AutoCAD drafting experience
- Post-secondary education in Civil Engineering or Architectural program
- Strong proficiency with AutoCAD software and experience customizing AutoCAD, scripts, tools and Menu's
- Experience with Microstation considered an asset
- Experience with utility projects considered an asset
- Proficient with the use of computers and software, including MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Good understanding of how to read civil engineering drawings and site plans
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Self-motivated, ability to learn new skills, assume new responsibilities and work cooperatively in a team environment
- Excellent safety and attendance record and previously demonstrated strong safety awareness
Date Req Created
Compensation & Benefits Overview
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.
Aecon accommodates. Upon request, Aecon accommodates candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process.