Aecon Energy has an opportunity for a Manager, Field Services, B.C. in our QX Technology division. Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Manager, Field Services will be responsible for the operational and safety performance of designated regions. Duties will include directing and the coordination of field based Installation and Repair technicians. The Manager will be accountable for the day to day performance of the team with a goal of achieving best in class customer service and quality. |
- Responsible for overseeing a team of technicians and subcontractors to deliver best in class customer service and quality results.
- Conduct regular field inspections in regards to the quality and safety of work completed.
- Responsible for implementing and monitoring of the Company's Safety Policy for designated region.
- Provide ongoing coaching and training of employees and subcontractors.
- Review and approve timesheets, expense reports, vacation requests, and training requests, within Limits of Authority.
- Responsible for performance management of all direct-report employees, including: coaching/mentoring, assistance with career planning and training, preparation of yearly and mid-year performance reviews
- Ensures that all Company Policies & Procedures are being followed
- Reports issues to the Regional Manager regarding financial performance, workload status, potential legal issues and potential opportunities.
- Maintains personal contact with major clients and suppliers.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience in telecommunications in a leadership role.
- Installation and repair experience in TV, Phone and Internet as well Fiber required.
- Works effectively in a team environment (subcontractors, tech's, office staff, management, other), under high pressure
- Maintain a valid provincial driver's license and provide a driver's abstract quarterly
- Must be willing to Travel and work in various locations across BC and AB when required
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada
- Successfully complete a criminal background check
- Strong organizational and planning skills (Project Management expertise)
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent computer skills, functional with key MS Office software
- Flexible work availability (evenings/weekends)
Date Req Created
Compensation & Benefits Overview
- Full time position in a growing industry
- Competitive benefit package for full time employees
- Paid training
- Company vehicle
- Travel opportunities
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.
Aecon accommodates. Upon request, Aecon accommodates candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process.