Reporting to the Field Supervisor, the Field Survey Technician will be working within the Aecon Utility Engineering group, and will be responsible for the survey of telecommunication and hydro facilities, utilities, underground and aerial plant, urban "street furniture", railway crossings, etc. The successful applicant will also be responsible for UG Chamber inspections, Construction inspections and utility asset inventories. |
The opportunity is for a 3 month contract term.
- Coordinate and undertake planning and implementation of survey requirements to facilitate construction activities
- Maintain accurate survey records, documentation and stamped submittals
- Provide layout at various stages of construction
- Performs on-site quality inspections
- Inspects work in progress and / or completed to determine and ensures that they comply with the project specifications
- Assists with the preparation and verification of various technical reports
- Identifies and reports work that does not meet the quality requirements
- Collaborates with the construction managers and engineers to determine approaches & methods to improve the overall quality of work
- Follows up and maintains inspections and test plans
- Completes all associated documentation and forms for individual inspection
- Assists with the tracking of non-conformance reports and corrective/ preventative action requests
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Certified Engineering Technician (CTECH) designation with the Ontario Association of Certified Technician and Technologists (OACETT) or working towards a designation.
- GPS (Global Station Positioning System) experience is considered an asset
- Past survey experience would be considered an asset
- Ability to work outdoors in all kinds of weather
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of engineering design and survey methods would be considered an asset
- Safety Conscious and able to adhere to a highly focused safety culture
- Good verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Highly Adaptable to constantly changing technologies, methods, and procedures
- Valid Ontario drivers license (Class G), along with a driver abstract is required
Date Req Created
Duration of Contract
Compensation & Benefits Overview
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.
Aecon accommodates. Upon request, Aecon accommodates candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process.