|Job Ref:||018495||Employer:||Hitachi||Country:||United States||County/State:||Massachussetts||City:||Waltham||Address:||Post Date:||19/10/2016 00:02|
Title: Technology Architect |
The HCP Engineering team is looking for a software architect to contribute to the technical direction, design and development of our cloud storage products. This person will play a significant role in technology decisions for the HCP product line. Be part of a team that develops a sophisticated, distributed object store that provides advanced storage and data management capabilities. You will make significant hands-on contributions to the system and our customer's success. HCP is a file and content storage solution that manages unstructured data and is among the fastest growing segments of Hitachi Data Systems' business.
- Work to enable success in the field while also feeding high-value customer input back into the Engineering process.
- Engage with strategic customers, system integrators and vendors on use cases.
- Contribute to the technical direction and architectural vision of the product.
- Advance and promote software engineering best practices and processes.
- Continuously assess and evolve technology and core components.
- Load balance with engineering cross-functional groups to achieve the company's objectives.
About the Team:
The Hitachi Content Platform (HCP) engineering team works collaboratively using their talent and imagination to develop best-in-class systems. The team is based in Waltham, MA. Experience within the team includes software engineering roles at EMC, IBM, SUN, and a number of start ups.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We want a systems-side development engineer. Talent matters the most and we want to talk with you if you're early in a rising career and if you're an established A player from industry. Like your teammates, you must be passionate about continuously delivering highly innovative software-based storage solutions to the market.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.
We want you to have a background like this:
- Customer facing success
- Extensive hands-on software design and development experience across a number of successful commercial products.
- Demonstrated ability to apply software engineering best practices to design, implementation and testing.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- 6 - 10 years experience in the software or storage industry.
- Experience with:
-- Software based storage solutions
-- Unix and/or Linux
-- Object-oriented design and programming