Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
- Providing administrative support in our main site offices, being used in the construction of large new water treatment plant. Distribute all incoming telephone calls and post to the offices, co-ordinating meetings and meeting rooms , providing refreshments, access to site, project communications, production of dashboard reports and presentations, and document control.
Co-ordination of all office administration, working with the Project Management team.
- Managing the receipt, control, maintenance and issuing of documents produced during the design and construction of a large scale engineering project. The documents will be received in both electronic and paper format and filing and control of documents will be using a number of paper and electronic systems including web based extranet.
The role will also include collating information for inclusion into Health and Safety Files, asset databases and manuals, and to collate data relating to construction process.
- Taking, distribution and recording of incoming telephone calls;
- Receiving and distribution of all incoming mail;
- Collection and postage of external / outgoing mail;
- Maintaining booking record for meeting rooms;
- Compiling and issue of staff hours as a weekly return to head office;
- Maintaining a stock of stationary / office consumables;
- Receiving all construction related documents from third parties including drawings, specification and technical queries. All documents received are to be filed both electronically and in hard copy;
- Printing of hard copies where electronic documents are produced;
- Keeping and maintaining registers of all incoming documents and ensuring that version control is implemented. Registers will also need to track approval status of documents;
- Issuing of all documents to both internal and external parties;
- Uploading, receiving and managing documents on extranets. Take on the role as the key user and provide support to others within the site team;
- Monitoring the status of documents, with particular regard for client approval and comments;
- Providing reports to Managers regarding the status of documents;
- Maintain the site document control system in an ordered and up to date mannerr;
- Co-ordinating access to site with the security team;
- Co-ordinating project communications.
- Producing progress dashboards and reports.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Previous experience in a role in office administration;
- Previous experience in a role controlling documents;
- Previous experience of the construction or engineering industry (desirable);
- Computer literate with intermediate knowledge of MS Windows Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Internet systems;
- Basic knowledge of MS Access and Extranet systems (desirable);
- Able to organise, plan, prioritise effectively and manage own workload (essential);
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively to both internal and external customers;
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.62 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
We are an Investors in Diversity accredited Company & committed to equal opportunities for all.
We are looking for an experienced Administrator/Document Controller to work from our Site in Birmingham. This role is offered on a full time and fixed term basis for 3 years. In return we are offering a competitive salary, plus flexible benefits, 24 days annual leave entitlement, share plans, company pension and private medical insurance.
As part of our recruitment process job offers will be subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.