Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
Measurement and valuation of works in progress. Participation in the management of the supply chain and project costs of construction projects to ensure the overall financial success of a project.
Responsible for the commercial management of a project and trade packages within the project.
- To ensure the full and proper implementation of the Company's Procedures;
- To generate/maintain relevant records, accurate filing and support for all commercial functions;
- To ensure the prompt and regular submission of main contract payment applications and subsequent cash collection together with the preparation of sub-contractor payments;
- To prepare sub-contract orders to the level of responsibility delegated by the individual's supervisor;
- To monitor sub-contractor performance in consultation with senior staff;
- Pricing Joinery variations/design cost control/value engineering;
- To participate in the recording of delays & preparation of any request for extensions of time;
- Settlement of main contract final accounts;
- To monitor contract commercial performance and prepare monthly cost/value reconciliations;
- To apply a neat and accurate approach in all day to day activities and strive to enhance one's own professional capability;
- Any other duties relevant to role.
Knowledge skills & experience
- E xperience of working on a live project, undertaking measurement and valuation functions;
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time;
- Experience of managing sub contractors;
- Experience of processing subcontract payments;
- Relevant qualifications;
- Basic knowledge of different industry contracts;
- Basic understanding of risk in construction process;
- Knowledge of Joinery preferable.
- Good communication skills;
- High degree of commercial awareness;
- Ability to work alone and as part of a multi-disciplined team;
- Adept at understanding construction drawings and able to measure and take off accurately;
- Understanding of the inter-relationship between bills, specifications and drawings;
- Understanding of construction contracts in relation to projects and of the relevance of sub contract terms and conditions;
- Able to read a construction programme and relevance of the critical path (desirable);
- Available for immediate start.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.62 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
We are an Investors in Diversity accredited Company & committed to equal opportunities for all.
We are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to work from our office in NA role is offered on a full time, permanent basis. In return we are offering a competitive salary plus flexible benefits, 24 days annual leave entitlement, share plans, company pension and private medical insurance.
As part of our recruitment process job offers will be subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.