Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
We are currently seeking to recruit a European Operations Manager for a highly prestigious TFM Account.
Reporting to the Account Director, the European Operations Manager will actively lead and encourage the achievement of specified company objectives in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures. This role will be key in developing and implementing a strategic approach to maintaining and improving the company's Service Standards within Europe, covering Belgium, Luxembourg, Spain, France, Germany, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Switzerland, Hungary, Poland, Ireland and the Netherlands.
The role will have specific accountability for enhancing the service and particular emphasis on service quality, safety improvements and organic growth. In addition to the demonstrable development of a proactive service and safety culture within the Interserve European team and key suppliers.
The role will include profit and loss accountability for the region and sustainable income generation within the designated geographic area of responsibility. Effective management will be measured through achievement of agreed account goals, development of regional service and customer plans, through an effective and motivated team.
The building portfolio consist of residential, office and events locations across Europe, experience in these environments and understanding of the varying needs of customer is key for success.
The role will require exceptional safety and quality leadership which brings into everyday operations the best practice expected by Interserve regardless of geographic location, this will require challenging local norms and establish practices which fall short of Interserve expectations.
This role requires an in depth security assessment by the client organisation which is likely to entail family, personal and financial history and back ground checks. Failure to meet the customer's security criteria pre and post appointment will result in termination of employment or retraction of any job offer.
- Line Management of two Regional Operations Managers
- The EOM will coordinate and implement the requirements to ensure all aspects of safety is at, or better, than the requirements of current UK based legislation and the Best Practise Guides.
- The EOM will be a central point of contact across the business to ensure that a robust system is fully implemented for all aspects of safety in accordance with statutory and Best Guide policy, and Interserve company policy and strategy.
- Focal point to provide operational support across the European portfolio.
- Ensuring new employees receive full site induction training in addition to receiving their "E-Learning Induction Welcome".
- Support the Interserve senior management team in overseeing all aspects of the Interserve contract and ensure effective working between all in-house teams and any other suppliers / contractors on site
- Formulate and oversee team training & development plans.
- Maintain and retain training information as necessary.
- Support the contingency plans for the service delivery.
- Will be obligated to undertake, where necessary, training to ensure the level of competency and accreditation is upheld.
- Responsible for the delivery of planned and reactive works within site.
- Planning and co-ordination of works with management teams and supply chain
- Support to incidental works and other new works projects
- Responsible for the administration and welfare of Interserve employees within the delivery team.
- Responsible for the performance management, absence management, recruitment, selection and development of staff on an annual basis in line with Interserve's PADP procedure.
- Ensure staff are trained to carry out works safely, efficiently and to standard
- Development of positive working relationships with specialist contractors and supply chain.
- Undertake quality audit of progressed and completed works.
- Monitor performance and report accordingly. Produce performance measures to ensure that performance indicators; SLA's and contractual obligations are met if not exceeded.
- Support the Continuous Improvement programme and identify issues to drive forward contract development.
- Experience in a similar role with a proven track record in the effective management of planned programme of works and reactive works co-ordinating multi skilled work groups.
- Understanding of asset management information systems together with remote monitoring integrated technology.
What we are looking for
Leadership / Developing others
- Delivers results through clear procedures and instruction.
- Contributes to a positive, can-do, high-performance environment.
- Offers commitment to deliver exceptional service.
- Exceptional leadership and people management skills, experienced in leading multi disciplinary, multi site, multi cultural, multi language teams and customers
- Demonstrative experience of multiple client management
- Experience of growing the business through organic growth and new business
- Superior interpersonal communication and negotiating skills are essential
- Experience in financial forecasting, budgeting and analysis is required
Team Orientation / Inspiring others
- Actively promotes success.
- Encourage the sharing of "best practice" across all areas.
- Builds the team and actively encourages succession planning.
- Leadership - Motivates and empowers others in order to reach organisational goals.
- Commercial awareness - Understands and applies commercial and financial principles. Views issues in terms of cost, profits, markets and added value.
- Strategic - Demonstrates a broad based view of issues, events and activities and a perception of their longer term impact or wider implications.
- Problems solving and analysis - Analyses issues and breaks them down into their component parts. Makes systematic and rational judgements based on relevant information
- Creativity and innovation - Creates new and imaginative approaches to work related issues. Identifies fresh approaches and shows a willingness to question traditional assumptions.
- Persuasiveness - Influences, convinces or impresses others in a way that results in acceptance, agreement or behaviour change.
- Personal motivation - Commits self to work hard towards goals. Show enthusiasm and career commitment.
Innovation / Passion for the Customer and Client
- Understands under-stated customer needs and responds appropriately.
- Receptive to new ideas and looks for innovative methods/practices to improve customer service and our delivery of Technical Services.
- Enthusiastic and committed to provide a professional, high quality service to the Company and the client and instils a can-do attitude into the team
Understanding & Respecting Others
- Values the opinions of others and encourages diverse points of view.
- Acts as a role model for Interserve company Values.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Focus' on "making a difference"
- Meticulous attention to detail; ensuring high standards of quality are achieved in all areas.
- Effective planning practices are implemented throughout the team.
- Identify and follow through business opportunities to maximize the mutual benefits to the client and the Company.
- Proactive approach in all areas and demands standards of excellence.
- Achieve budget in all areas
- Reporting financial information and contractual information in a timely manner
- Meets the requirements of the clients SLA's for the account, where gaps exist have in place agreed recovery plans
- Senior practitioner of FM service delivery, across the entire TFM spectrum within Europe
- Support the Senior Management Team in the development of the Business Plan This will be initially be focused on the development of the service, client relationship and compliance with all aspects of the contract. This is to be reviewed and measured on a regular basis with the Account Director.
- Maintains composure and behavioural standards in difficult and stressful situations.
- Maintains enthusiasm and a positive attitude, even when confronted by negativity.
- Manage, retain and update contract documentation relating to regulatory compliance in accordance with current legislation
- Keep abreast of changes to current legislation relating to all aspects of Facilities management and employment law as necessary.
- Support the Interserve Account Director with financial controls / budgets and quotations as required.
- Manage relevant 3rd party contractors in accordance with ISO 9001. Includes regular monitoring, meetings and reviews.
- Ensure the contract meets the legal, company and client regulations for fire, health, safety and the environment.
- Understand Clients' business plan, challenges and opportunities and how to utilise these to strengthen client relationship and extend business with them via a partnership mechanism.
- Management and coordination of the TFM account team and all specialist service providers.
- Control expenditure and maximise income to achieve financial performance whilst maintaining performance standards.
- Identify in efficiencies and generate savings and best value solutions
- Develop and implement a clear Change Management programme for the contract
- Facilitate resources to enable the team members to perform their duties and achieve their objectives and those of the contract.
- Review the performance criteria, method statements and appropriate methods of measuring performance to include annual customer surveys and resultant customer care/improved service delivery action plans.
- Liaising with Clients and occupier management in respect of their changing needs and enhancements to the services being provided and to the systems being employed in their delivery.
- Ensuring regular reporting to clients on the progress and operational performance of the contract; also reporting to senior management on the same together with full overview/reviews of the operational performance of the contract.
- The management of any additional contract responsibilities that may be assigned.
- Demonstrate a clear and effective alignment with the operational objectives and the commercial interests of IFM
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with FCO/FCMU staff and client members. Where appropriate; play an active role in the life of FCO.
- Work closely with Client Facilities Manager and client representatives on Estates & Services matter as appropriate.
- Actively participate in regular FCO forums / meetings etc. on all Estates & Facilities issues or as required.
- Have formal qualification within Construction, Facilities Management or Building Service discipline to degree level
- Highly IT literate in the MS Office suite, including MS Project
- IOSH (Managing Safely) preferred
- Demonstrated experience at a similar level
- Excellent leadership and motivational people management skills
- Professional acumen, with excellent senior level influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work openly and collaboratively at all levels to maximise overall organisation health
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Task focused as well as people centred
- Excellent negotiation skills, based on strong commercial/financial acumen
- Ability to embrace and deliver change
- Capable of translating strategic intent into immediate successful delivery
- Strong sense of urgency and desire to succeed
- Have Strong spoken and written language skills in English and preferably another European language
- Oral communication - Speaks clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to both individuals and groups - note this is in English and preferably another European language
- Attend work in a professional, smart and hygienic state.
- Be prepared to attend all relevant training sessions and meetings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a bright, friendly demeanour are essential.
- Excellent oral and communication skills. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers, co-workers, suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Be able to prioritise your work, work to tight deadlines, plan, organize and monitor several activities at the same time.
- Good decision making and problem solving abilities is essential.
- Reliability, dependability, honesty and integrity are essential qualities for this position.
- A flexible approach to working hours is essential due to the operational needs of the contract.
- Ensuring files and all other relevant documents are maintained correctly in line with company policies and procedures.
- Attention to detail and strives for operational excellence.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.