|Job Ref:||ProjEng/Oct||Employer:||Randstad||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Plymouth||Address:||Post Code:||PL3||Salary:||£ 28,000 - £ 32,000 per year||Post Date:||19/10/2016 00:14|
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Project Engineer for one of the world's leading medical companies. The role is based in the Plymouth area, working within a permanent role offering a competitive salary.|
Reporting to the Project Engineering Leader (as designated) the Project Engineer's primary function is to implement cost reduction and continuous process improvements activities, also to maximise capacity constraint programmes for future business growth. Must be able to effectively plan / track and manage the actions of multi-disciplined teams and external vendors to deliver projects within the time frame identified by the annual budget process.
* Prepare accurate project schedules and capital appropriation requests for all projects.
* Liaise with the quality, regulatory, facilities, production and marketing departments to obtain their input and / or support to ensure projects are successfully initiated and validated within time frame and budget.
* Plan, design and specify improvements to existing processes to improve productivity, quality, safety and efficiency. Innovate, design and specify new processes to meet manufacturing requirements, manage the selection of vendors, placement of orders and track building progress through to factory acceptance trials.
* Prepare plant layout in response to changing manufacturing needs for both present and future requirements.
* Prepare / manage manufacturing and validation document amendments in relation to process change and the introduction of new equipment.
* Coordinate the failure mode effect analysis process in order to carry out risk analysis of process changes. Provide operational and technical training as necessary.
* Utilise Six Sigma methodologies (DMAIC) and carry out statistical data analysis to effectively scope and manage improvement activities.
* Liaise with other BD Plants to exchange and share process knowledge that may potentially provide cost reductions and efficiency improvements. Keep abreast of latest technology.
* Ensure projects are compliant with Health and Safety legislation, environmental legislation, legislation appropriate to the medical device industry in both Europe and USA, and division / plant procedures.
* To coach and give direction to engineering associates under their control with regard to specific tasks and projects.
* Carry out other duties as deemed appropriate by the Engineering Leader.
* Experience in a related environment, ideally medical device manufacture or pharmaceutical or demonstrated capability within BD.
* Demonstrated achievement on project management in related environment
* HND/ Degree in appropriate engineering discipline preferred.
* Minimum of HNC in engineering discipline or equivalent.
If you have the experience and skill set to match the requirements listed above, enjoy working in a collaborative and engaging culture and are driven by the challenge of assisting in developing innovative solutions for global issues then we are very interesting in speaking with you.
Please be advised that due to the expected high volume of applicants we may be unable to reply to everyone individually.
skills Project Engineer, cost reduction, continuous improvement process
qualification * HND/ Degree in appropriate engineering discipline preferred. * Minimum of HNC in engineering discipline or equivalent.