|Job Ref:||EHSMWLEL1||Employer:||Randstad||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Petersfield||Address:||Post Code:||GU31||Salary:||Competitive||Post Date:||19/10/2016 00:14|
Are you looking for a new role as a Environmental, Health and Safety Manager? Interested in working for a leading cosmetics manufacturing company? If the answer is yes, this role is for you!|
The Environmental, Health and Safety Manager will be ensuring environmental health and safety risks are kept to a minimum through effective compliance with EHS policies, procedures and legislation. Also providing the correct training and to maintain and develop the EHS management system ensuring it is aligned with legislation and corporate requirements.
This is a new permanent opportunity to play a key role and work for a leading cosmetics company, based in Hampshire.
* Provides advice and guidance on environmental health and safety matters.
* Accident investigation, root cause analysis, accident reporting (RIDDOR) and maintaining all accident records.
* Work in conjunction with Department Managers to assist in the compilation of Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work, policy writing, training and Behavioural Based programs.
* Conduct and report on EHS MS Audits and inspections to ensure site compliance with Safety and Environmental processes, procedures legal compliance register.
* Develop and amend site EHS policies and procedures as required by business needs and changing legislation.
* Maintain records, attend meetings and assist in specification of PPE.
* Ability to control and administrate the on site fire team and fire marshals, devise a programme of fire evacuation drills across the site and carry out the programme.
* Ensure effective management of hazardous and non-hazardous waste collections from site is in place to meet corporate and legal requirements.
* Undertake minor projects and assist in major projects under the direction of your manager - Support to Projects team / Change management.
* Coordinate EHS Capital funding and Planning.
Experience / Qualifications:
* Nebosh or EHS qualifications.
* Manufacturing experience.
* Strong interpersonal skills to persuade, influence, advise and direct employees of all levels on Environmental Health & Safety issues.
* Good technical and written communication skills to ensure legal compliance regarding policies, procedures, training programmes.
* Handling high volume of correspondence internal and external with a technical content.
* Ability to make decisions in an emergency situation to minimise any adverse effects on the company or an individual.
* Strong analytical skills, accident investigation, risk analysis - cause - effect, statistical analysis.
* Self-management and motivation - plan own work schedule and requirements.
* Frequent contact with senior management, internal and external, consultants and Regulatory bodies.
* Good PC skills, to manipulate and present data.
* Bonus Scheme 8-10%
* Life Assurance
* Annual salary review
* Long Service awards
* 22 days holiday, increasing each year with service
* Group income protection scheme
* Reduced memberships to sports centres
If this role is of interest to yourself, and matches your skills sets and experience then please click apply below to submit your CV. Please ensure your up to date contact details are on your CV before applying. If your application is shortlisted, we will call you and discuss the role in further detail to ensure this role is what you are looking for and meets our clients needs.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.