|Job Ref:||204812650||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Nottinghamshire||Address:||Post Code:||NG18||Salary:||£31000 - £34000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:27|
Position: Voice and Network Engineer |
Salary: 30,978 - 34,746 per annum
My client is a public sector organisation currently seeking a voice and network engineer to provide Cisco voice and data support to the IT user community. You will be working in a complex corporate Cisco network, processing requests for support, co-ordinating resolution with appropriate functions, suppliers and ensuring planned network administration tasks are completed to schedule.
The successful Voice and Network Engineer will:
Ensure the planning, development and management of the Voice and Data Service is in line with corporate standards.
Ensure that good practices, quality of documentation, high standards of operational effectiveness are implemented.
Networks projects are managed and implemented effectively.
To be considered for the Voice and Network Engineer role you must have the following:
1. Cisco Network Certified with good enterprise networking knowledge on CCNA, CCNP or equivalent network training with working experience in technical or networking support environment particularly on CISCO routers and switches. Cisco routing/switching and CUCM are mandatory.
2. Knowledge of IT service management frameworks, such as ITIL. In particular, good working knowledge of Change Management.
3. Knowledge of IT security standards and Data Protection Act.
4. Demonstrable experience of working on complex projects with competing demands, and supporting large application-critical Cisco networks.
5. Experience of carrying out routine configuration/installation and reconfiguration of Cisco switches, routers and CUCM. Working knowledge of Cisco ASAs/Juniper and wireless LAN controllers is an added advantage. Provide customers with information on updates, known errors, changes in availability, new facilities etc.
Essential skills and experience in:
Switching, Routing, Voice, WiFi, Security, Data Centre,
Multiple Vendor; Cisco, Juniper, RSA, ARC, MacFarlane, Siemens, Solarwinds, Acculab
Within complex Network, Data Centre, and Third Party environments
Desirable skills and experience in:
Technical Project Management
Any other technologies that the Council may implement.
In return our client will reward your ambition and drive with expert training you need to excel and to protect 6 million people everyday. For further information, please call Asma on (Apply online only)