|Job Ref:||204808503||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Milton Keynes||Address:||Post Code:||MK9||Salary:||£250 - £270/day||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:27|
This is a Monitoring Operator role working within a shift based 24 x 7 x 365 environment. The role will support and monitor the systems and performance associated with the financial company's mainframe and open systems computer platforms (in Retail, Corporate, Cahoot and Cards) environments to ensure SLA's are met and critical events are managed appropriately and efficiently in line with the Service framework.|
•Assist the team and Shift Leaders in the monitoring of systems for all UK instances.
•Take a proactive role in identifying and driving improvements to ensure operational efficiency.
•Take ownership of events and delays ensuring timely escalation to management.
•Provide input to Shift Management in relation to resolution of major incidents and problems.
•Provide support for Incidents and Changes on platforms when required.
• An understanding of Monitoring technology and Platforms - WVA/TIVOLI/METMON/UKMON/WILY
• Mainframe (MVS) and/or Unix and Windows (NT) 1st line experience
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely especially when under pressure
• Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• ITIL awareness
• Knowledge of service and change processes