|Job Ref:||204809237||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Chichester||Address:||Post Code:||PO19||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:27|
Applications Business Intelligence Developer |
Salary: Dependent on experience
Benefits: 25 days holiday per annum Company pension and bonus scheme Healthcare package Life Assurance Policy Employee Assistance programme & exclusive online employee benefits.
Hours: 40 hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 - 5:30 + on call rota
Natures Way Foods (NWF) is a leading manufacturer of fresh convenient food. We supply prepared salads, prepared fruit, coleslaw and potato salad, dressed salads, and fresh food to go products to some of the UK's largest supermarket and foodservice companies. Based in scenic West Sussex on the South coast, we have grown rapidly since our establishment in 1994. Operating from four sites, with our fifth on the way, we are now one of the area's largest employers with over 1,100 full-time staff members. At NWF we all share a determination to grow our business and a have real passion for what we do.
We are now recruiting for BI Developer to join our experienced and highly skilled IT department. The primary purpose is to provide 2nd and 3rd line support to the in-house bespoke solutions and the applications used with in the business and where required, enhance and develop the existing applications. In addition, manage incidents passed through from 1st line Service Desk, conducting through problem resolution and implementing service requests. Working on multiple tasks and supporting projects within a fast-paced environment proactively solving and prioritising problems as and when they arise.
* Building and supporting efficient, stable, usable reports within Microsoft Dynamics AX (using X++ data provider classes and temporary tables) and peripheral applications to solve business problems.
* Working with Business Leads to identify, and proposing, application system changes, better uses, enhancements and developments and liaising with appropriate vendors, users and the Business Systems Team to implement them.
* Provide application configuration and maintenance on NWF's business facing systems, providing expertise on the use of all aspects of these systems.
* Deliver support to existing business users and investigating and resolving application errors, data discrepancies and queries.
* Liaise with software suppliers on the development of system enhancements to overcome known problems or further fulfil user requirements.
* Identify and develop enhancements and functionality changes on internal websites using given tools and templates or developing and testing appropriate code.
* Assist the Application Team Lead to (i) investigate and model business functions, processes, information flows and data structures, using methodical and consistent techniques; (ii) investigate operational requirements and problems, contributing to improvements; (iii) specify information flows, processes/procedures that will meet the business requirements
* Assist in defining acceptance tests for new or changed automated systems.
* SQL queries and reports are efficient and perform optimally.
* Continuous development of BI solutions.
* Support and developing of reporting.
* Performs related duties as assigned (including On Call rota)
Key skills, behaviours and experience required:
* Follow projects through to completion on time while ensuring stakeholders are satisfied.
* Offer coaching/ development to other members of the team from an AX Applications/ BI/ Reporting standpoint and be willing to learn.
* Be able to maintain live reports and have the knowledge to be able to support high availability while also focusing on disaster recovery systems and procedures.
* Interested in new technologies and able to suggest improvements to processes and systems.
* Consider the impact of any changes made on systems and core business processes
* Demonstrable experience of supporting IT Applications, ideally within the manufacturing/retail vertical.
* Hands on experience with technical troubleshooting.
Experience in the technologies below essential:
* MS Windows OS platform (XP/7)
* MS SQL Server 2008 R2 onwards
* MS Windows Server 2008 R2 onwards
* Microsoft BI Stack
* SSRS development (Visual Studio 2008 onwards)
* AX Development
* X++ Experience
* Baseline MDX Knowledge
* Slowly Changing Dimension Knowledge
Experience in the technologies below desirable:
* ITIL V3
* MS SharePoint - admin and development
* Team Foundation Server
* (url removed)
* Window Server 2008 Active Directory
* Baseline MDX Experience
* Slowly Changing Dimension Experience
* HND or equivalent in Information Systems/Computer Science or related preferred.
* Microsoft Certified Professional or equivalent preferred