|Job Ref:||204809429||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Tyne and Wear||Address:||Post Code:||NE21||Salary:||£360 - £380/day||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:27|
Architect - Design - Wintel - HP UX - Linux - Application migration - Mainframe|
A large defence agency a looking for 3 Application Migration Architects to join them in Newcastle for a 6 month contract.
As a Application Migration Architect you will support the Migration Project Manager bringing experience and depth of knowledge within the Apps Migration space while demonstrating significant application discovery, planning, migration design, integration, middleware, platform and process knowledge as part of a dynamic, agile and cohesive project Discovery, Migration Design, Execution team while undertaking technical workshops with the respective application developers, service and support owners.
Primary Skills / Experience Include:
* Detailed knowledge of Apps Migration Methodologies, Governance Processes, Technical Assessment / Workshop Processes / Document Writing Standards
* Extensive experience with the migration of complex application services (with affinities in the 100+) across Mainframe, Midrange and Middleware services
* Extensive knowledge of Solaris, Wintel, HPUX, AIX, LINUX platform dependencies when planning complex application
* Attention to detail with the ability to proactively and confidently engage with key service, support and development owners
* Ability to write quality, accurate and detailed Application Migration Documentation (AMD's) in large numbers and against tight timeframes
* Ability to work independently with a driven approach to delivery, engagement, remediation, escalation, scheduling and reporting
* Ability to support the Migration PM's demonstrating in-depth knowledge of Apps Integration, Platform, Environment and Tooling dependencies, H/W, S/W, Licence and Security Patching
Please apply for more information