|Job Ref:||204809474||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£350 - £380/day||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:27|
- £380 per day
- 3 month contract
- Role based in Cambridge
As one of the most revered leaders in their industry, this technology led organisation is widely regarded as one of Britain`s global success stories. This is a fantastic opportunity to join them as a SharePoint Developer.
We need a SharePoint Developer to work with the Business Change and Delivery team. This group is responsible for technical development and delivery of all SharePoint based change work.
In this role, you will be delivering enterprise class Web SharePoint development to enable business solutions. Reporting to the Technical Lead, you will be responsible for Web/SharePoint development of solutions within agile methodologies, addressing the requirements outlined by epics and user stories built by the business.
Your accountability will also cover design, prototype and development of business services and APIs for re-use across other web development teams within the organization. Your responsibility will extend to the practical implementation of agile working practices within the team including scrum, continuous integration, test and behaviour-driven development. Transformation of the working practices and technology foundation used by the development team is key to the success of this role.
- Back-end web development assigned to this team, to renew or enhance the existing web application landscape.
- Be involved in Design and Development of high quality solutions to meet the functional requirements
- Solution deployment and transition to support
- Support training and documentation
- Break down User Stories into Tasks and estimate size
- Work with the Service Operations team Transition manager to transition completed projects into service for ongoing support
- Work with other IT teams to deliver high-quality and robust end-to-end solutions in an efficient and timely manner
- Ensure that the new technical solutions do not compromise current production systems.
- Collaborate with the Application Solutions Designer to support an application portfolio which will focus on evolving the business applications, from redundant "point-solutions" to scalable common solutions
- Work with the IT Security function to ensure that all company global applications have the required levels of security and protection of business information.
- Contribute to ongoing training and development within the team.
- Demonstrate integrity, positive attitude, solid work ethic, commitment to stakeholders, camaraderie to the team and a passion for excellence.
Candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills
- 3 Years + experience in SharePoint development and administration
- Proficient development skills in Microsoft technologies (.Net, C#, WEB API)
- Experience of web development using the Angular JS framework
- Knowledge of Project Server (not essential)
- Functional Knowledge of working in an Agile process supporting sprint delivery
- Ability to manage work priority to ensure releases are delivered in regular sprints
- Clear verbal and written communication skills and to be confident in presentation skills
- Database skills MS SQL Server
- JPA/Hibernate, Entity Framework, MVC
- Understand how security plays a part with web applications and be able to identify vulnerabilities
- Experience of working with cloud / remote computing services (Office 365, Amazon EC2 (AWS), Google Cloud, Openstack or Azure)
- Behaviour Driven Development (Cucumber/JBehave/Spock)
- Integration with ERP Solutions (SAP)