|Job Ref:||204809736||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Merseyside||City:||Liverpool||Address:||Post Code:||L13||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:27|
Software Tester - Liverpool|
Shortlist Recruitment have an exiting requirement for a Software Tester to join an industry lead based in Liverpool. Having experienced a sustained period of growth they require an expert Software Tester with automation experience to join their development team. The Software Tester will have the opportunity to expand their knowledge and expertise in this area. The Software Tester will be a part of the implementation of first-class products which will be key to the amazing progress this company is making.
The Software Tester will be enthusiastic, team-orientated, hold a real passion for testing, share best practice, champion the product and a desire to become an expert in the company. The Software Tester will take actively assist in all aspects of testing; preparation, review and execution. The Software Tester will be directly involved in all testing (manual and automated) and will assist in test plans at all stages of product lifecycle. The Software Tester be an integral part of the team and, in time, take a pivotal role in the progression of Automated testing.
Key Responsibilities for the Software Tester:
- Ensure software operates as designed and is compliant with functional and non-functional requirements
- Achieve Sprint goals by actively participating in the lifecycle working closely with the Developers
- Define user stories by working with the development team to determine an understanding of the requirements
- Produce test documentation
- Work with in-house support team to diagnose and resolve customer and internal issues
- Write, execute, and report on API tests and back end database testing
- Actively assist in building, maintaining and upgrading test environments.
Essential Skills and requirements for the Software Tester:
- Strong agile experience of testing in a commercial environment with cross-functional teams
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A sound understanding of agile testing methodologies and of defect management
- Testing online applications
- Installing and configuring software
- Skilled in using Selenium, JMeter, or Jenkins, to conduct automated tests for web applications
- An excellent eye for UI design
- Experience working in Agile and Scrum environments
- Four years plus relevant expertise of premium Software development within a professional environment
In return, the Software Tester will receive a salary of up to £45,000 depending on experience. This opportunity is easily commutable from Liverpool, Warrington, Chester and Birkenhead.
ShortList Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
ShortList specialise in the full spectrum of IT positions, from CIO to Helpdesk Analyst, on both a permanent and contract basis