|Job Ref:||204810029||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£0 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:27|
IT Systems Administrator - Hampshire, Southampton - £30,000|
IT Systems Administrator - excellent opportunity for a competent IT Systems Engineer at a Manufacturing / Engineering organisation based in Southampton.
IT Systems Administrator - Hampshire, Southampton - £30,000
You will be responsible for providing IT administration, infrastructure, server, network, telephone systems & PC support. You'll work closely with Group IT, the senior management team and company directors with the on-going support and implementation of IT projects and solutions, to ensure the continued, smooth day-to-day operation of technology within the business.
You will be responsible for IT systems, hardware and process administration, including:
* Servers, including smooth running, configuration, installation, administration and support
* PC installation, troubleshooting and support
* Network administration
* Telephone system support
* Mobile telephony support
* Day to day IT administrative tasks
* End user support - providing an exceptional level of support to ensure staff are able to fulfil their roles with the tools/technology supplied
* Ensuring successful recovery of systems at the DR centre in the event of a disaster or scheduled testing
* Providing support to office based and home based workers
* Supporting various IT projects and improvement initiatives
* To provide IT support to all users within the business.
* To maintain & protect IT assets, and maintain accurate asset registers for all hardware and software owned by the business.
* To define and perform daily admin tasks & checks to ensure the continued smooth running of the IT environment (including backup integrity/reliability, server disks space, server event notifications etc).
* To alert relevant IT or other staff to any issues needing further attention.
* To maintain system security and identify opportunities to improve security.
* To contribute to the IT strategy and help champion & promote IT within the business.
* To promote and maintain security systems and security policies, such as minimizing risks from virus, unauthorised access attempts, sharing of unauthorised documents etc.
* To identify any expenditure needed to maintain and/or improve the IT systems in place.
* To obtain approval, provide required documentation and co-ordinate the purchase of relevant IT equipment.
* Ongoing support of the servers (physical and virtual systems) for business critical applications, such as MS Exchange Server, File/Print serving and Crystal Reports etc.
* Administration of the system backups and ensuring the backups run successfully to the defined schedule and that the relevant tapes are stored securely & correctly cycled for on & offsite storage.
* Anti-virus administration.
* Email & Internet user and usage administration.
* Helpdesk Administration & actioning of support tickets raised to meet the departmental KPI's.
* Software License Administration - ensuring that sufficient licenses are in place at all times / raise awareness of any under licensing issues to the Head of IT, manage and administer licence records and proof of licencing.
* Administration and/or management of hardware support contracts.
* Development and Maintenance of IT Policies and Procedures in relation to Software Usage, Email Internet, Security and IT best practice.
* Development of improvement plans and the preparation of capital expenditure proposals to support these projects.
* Protecting the business by ensuring suitable recovery systems and processes are in place, documented, and tested - in support of disaster recovery.
* Liasing with the Group IT team to ensure tasks and changes are completed in alignment to Group policies & requirements.
* Meeting any IT compliance and audit requirements as they arise, such as system & folder access approvals, licence audits etc
* Any other reasonable tasks requested by the Head of IT.
If you are interested in this position please apply directly or send your up to date CV to Michael Coe at (url removed)e (at) (url removed) or call Mike on NA!
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK