|Job Ref:||204810123||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Gloucestershire||City:||Gloucestershire||Address:||Salary:||£45000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:27|
Automation Developer in Test | Gloucestershire | £45-60k per annum|
We are working with one of the fastest growing businesses in the South West and they have a requirement for an Automation specialist who can create Automation frameworks from scratch and can code in (Java, Ruby or Scala ideally). You could be an experienced Java developer who is looking to get involved with testing in a more development orientated capacity or you could be a seasoned software tester who has the ability to code at a high level for test purposes.
This is truly one of the best opportunities around with a company who are doing big things, you will be working with some of the most intelligent IT professionals around and this position would give you the platform to enhance your career further.
- Strong experience implementing automation test strategy and policy
- Solid Commercial Scala/Ruby/Java experience
- Experience delivering test automation across a mixed technology stack (Web / Webservices / ESB) from scratch in a fast paced Agile environment
- Experience with TDD, BDD, Gherkin, Cucumber JVM or similar
- Experience with using CI/CD tooling and environments
- Experience of a modern deployment pipeline, including technologies like AWS cloud, BitBucket, Vagrant, Docker, Chef and Jenkins
- Experience of testing backend web-services, web based Portal testing and REST/SOAP APIs
- Experience working with SQL / NoSQL databases and testing of data transformations using XML and XPath
- Experience working within Kanban and/or Scrum Agile teams and reporting progress/issues to the Tech/Test lead
- Linux command line basics ssh, grep, cp, ls, less
- ISEB or ISTQB qualification Foundation certificate or higher
- IT related degree
Nice To Have:
- Experience of Maven, SBT, Bamboo, Jenkins & Git
- Understanding of how Test Automation supports Manual Testing
- Understanding of applying automation to Non Functional Testing
- Use of defect management and test management and repository tools such as JIRA, Zephyr, HP ALM, Microsoft MTM, TFS
For more information please apply now for an informative chat and a full job description.
People Source Consulting Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
People Source specialise in technology recruitment across niche markets including Information Technology, Digital TV, Digital Marketing, Project and Programme Management, SAP, Digital and Consumer Electronics, Air Traffic Management, Management Consultancy, Business Intelligence, Manufacturing, Telecoms, Public Sector, Healthcare, Finance and Oil & Gas