|Job Ref:||204813441||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hertfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||WD5||Salary:||£60000 - £65000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:28|
* Do you regularly have your head in the (Amazon) Cloud?
* Does your vantage point from the Cloud give you an overview of the full stack?
* Are you a pro when it comes to scripting and development?
If the above sounds like you, then this could be the perfect Cloud Engineer role for you. Working for a world-leading online-only retailer, you will be responsible for helping to develop a brand-new retail platform hosted on the Public Cloud. Using your Cloud expertise, you will contribute as part of a team of like-minded engineers, working predominantly with Amazon Web Services, delivering every aspect of the platform which will host their business critical web applications. If you're a Cloud Engineer at the top of your game, then this role could give you everything you are looking for.
What will you get from this Cloud Engineer position?
* A competitive salary of up to £65k, within a world-leading brand that are going from strength to strength, with a CYOD mentality in place
* A benefits package including a pension scheme, interest-free season ticket loan and free shuttle bus service from station to office, and healthy staff discount with free delivery!
* Working in leafy Hertfordshire will see you in easy reach of central London, while still retaining the beautiful British countryside just outside your office window
* Working with like-minded professionals in a collaborative environment, with various sports clubs and socials to encourage a real team spirit
What are they looking for in you?
* Experience of Public Cloud technologies- ideally AWS, but other Cloud experience will also be considered
* Demonstrable development experience or scripting abilities- whether you're a Developer or DevOps Engineer, if you can script in either Python or Java they want to hear from you
* An appreciation of the whole stack, along with excellent communicational skills- you will be working with people from all areas of the company, so talking to them is essential!
What would make you a really desirable candidate?
* Prior web development experience would be great- but if your background is in Linux Systems Administration, that's cool too
* Continuous Delivery is the name of the game here, as are Agile methodologies- if you have prior knowledge of either, that would be a real benefit
* An appreciation for security, reliability and scalability would be great, as these business critical systems need to be tip-top all the time
If this sounds like it could be your perfect role, don't let it slip away- apply now