|Job Ref:||204813482||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hertfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||WD5||Salary:||£60000 - £65000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:28|
* Is developing in Python as natural to you as breathing?
* Are you more skilled server-side than anyone else?
* Looking for a role at a leading multinational retailer?
If all the above sounds just like you, then this Python Developer role could be perfect for you. Working for one of the world's top online-only retailers, this role will have you working server-side, developing in Python as you build business critical systems with high resiliency in mind, working collaboratively with the rest of the team. Working on the Platform Automation team, you will be delivering the tools to connect everything, across AWS and Google Cloud solutions. If you are a Python Developer whose experience with RESTful web services is second to none, then this role may just be what you've been looking for all along.
What will you get from this Python Developer role?
* A competitive salary of up to £65k, within a world-leading brand that are going from strength to strength, with a CYOD mentality in place
* A benefits package including a pension scheme, interest-free season ticket loan and healthy staff discount- not forgetting free delivery!
* Working in leafy Hertfordshire will see you in easy reach of central London, while still retaining the beautiful British countryside just outside your office window
* Working with like-minded professionals in a collaborative environment, with various sports clubs and socials to encourage a real team spirit
What are they looking for in you?
* Proven Python server-side development- this is your essential skill, but any other languages (especially Java) on top would be a definite plus
* Experience of building high resiliency, scalable, business critical services- 24/7 secure availability is key, and so prior experience in this field would be a huge bonus
* Prior knowledge of automated systems and cloud services would be a big boon, as would a passion for analytical tools such as Slack or ElasticSearch
Your day-to-day tasks in this role:
* Working on the Platform Automation team, you will be building the tools, foundations and frameworks required to connect up to 1,000 developers across the world
* These tools will allow the developers to self-service builds, tests and deployments, giving them full autonomy
* You will be expected to add automations and improvements where possible to your own work, monitoring your toolchains and sharing your expertise with your teammates
If this role sounds perfect for you, don't waste time- apply now