|Job Ref:||204813696||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Belfast||Address:||Post Code:||BT7||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:28|
We have a number of Solutions Consultant roles available with our client who specialise in Software Security, Compliance and Audits of open source code. If you are from a previous software development background with a keen interest in the open source software and experience of carrying out code reviews or even software audits then this could be the perfect opportunity for you to move into a Solutions Consultant role.
Recognised across the globe by some of the most innovative companies using open source software our client's solutions help provide advice to their customers on License, Security and Operational Risks associated with using open source code which in turn allows their customers to secure and streamline their use of this code.
Based in Belfast you will join a new team of Solutions Consultants focused on identifying and analysing disclosed vulnerabilities in open source projects belonging to or being used by our client's customers. Your expertise will be assigned to regular projects for which the initial qualification and collation of information will already be in place thus allowing you to take the next steps with the customer that may include:
* Code assessment for a customer who wants to determine the third party licensing and encryption of a piece of software before they use it
* Make use of our clients applications and development tools to meet customer expectations in relation to proper remediation and security advice for the code they are using
* Compile mitigation and remediation guidance for vulnerabilities identified, while also working with engineers on future information needs.
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate the following criteria:
* BSc/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Previous experience of conducting code reviews
* Familiarity with open source software and third party licensing is a plus
* Ability to understand code and make decisions based on this
* Previous experience in a Software Auditor, Compliance or Analysis role would be beneficial
* Excellent customer facing and communication skills
* Previous software security experience would be an advantage as would experience of IDE's, Code Repositories and Build Tools
* Willingness to travel if required for an individual projects
Depending on experience and interview performance these roles a highly competitive salary and bonus package as well as the opportunity to join a company in Belfast who are well established in the world of open source software security and compliance.
To hear more on this opportunity send your CV via the link below or call the Ciaran Boyle on (Apply online only). Please note that WPR is acting as an Agency on behalf of our Client