|Job Ref:||204814456||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Farnborough||Address:||Post Code:||OX17||Salary:||£44000 - £46000/annum benefits||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:28|
Role: Project Manager (Development)|
Salary: circa £46k + benefits
My client is a division of a Blue chip organisation and provides Software, Solutions and Services to all parts of the Legal sector and following continued demand on their services, there is a new opportunity for a Project Manager (Development).
The Project Manager will join the Development Team and will be expected to make a valuable contribution, ensuring the Development Team meets its service delivery objectives in a profitable manner.
Duties of the Project Manager include the full-lifecycle delivery of business Software including taking company live on products where required.
The Project Manager will adopt a matrix management style, working closely with the all of the other departments in Tikit (and externally where appropriate) to ensure projects are delivered to the agreed performance criteria.
• The Project Manager will be responsible for leading and managing Development projects
• Project Management - provide leadership and management to ensure outputs/ outcomes are delivered
• Ensure projects are delivered to the agreed performance criteria (and within tolerance), whilst controlling changes in scope which are inevitable in a development environment
• Take the PM lead in all appropriate development projects including external stakeholders where required (Other Tikit teams, 3rd party suppliers and occasionally clients)
• Establish, monitor and control projects. Engage and communicate with stakeholders as required
• Ensure risks/ issues/ assumptions and dependencies are captured, monitored and controlled throughout the life of a project, reporting any exceptions in a timely manner
• Close projects and handover assets to relevant stakeholders in an organised and efficient manner
• Encourage openness and transparency so that the company is aware of the current status of any project
• Ensure a strong, professional and healthy relationship is maintained between Development and other teams within the organisation
• Ensure all internal systems are kept updated with the current status of the project as required
• Effective management of multiple concurrent projects
• Produce project plans and logs for projects and ensure these are kept up to date and shared as required
• Lead on internal projects as required by the business especially in relation to development projects
It is a requirement of the role that the candidate must:
• Have the ability to travel to any of the UK company offices on a weekly basis when/if required.
• Degree educated or equivalent
• Prince 2 Practitioner
• Proven experience in leading internal, client and 3rd party resources to ensure projects are delivered to the agreed performance criteria
• Exposure to strategic change/ transformation initiatives, particularly in the Legal sector
• Knowledge/ Experience of Programme Management Office functions, Technical environments and Software Development would be beneficial
• Knowledge of Legal sector Technologies would be beneficial
• Strong business acumen, communication and organisation skills
• Flexible and willing to help in other areas of the business if required
• Familiar with remote meeting management and remote working
• Experienced in using Microsoft Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint