|Job Ref:||204814474||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Guildford||Address:||Post Code:||GU1||Salary:||£15/hour||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:28|
Our client is seeking a 2nd Line Technical Support Analyst to be responsible for the successful resolution of tickets assigned to the Service Desk Technical Team and support for all client side computing|
The main purpose of the job will be to perform 2nd line functionality for the Information Systems Service Desk in accordance with all Service Desk procedures and SLA's, providing support for internal users across multiple sites.
• Ownership of request through to resolution, following up and closing as necessary
• Diagnosis and troubleshooting of assigned tickets to resolution or escalation where necessary
• Provide a quality level of service to Customer ensuring communication is at the forefront
• Setting up from new and re-building Laptops and Desktops
• Installation of IT Hardware and Software
• Other tasks as directed by the Service Desk Team Leader/Head of IS
• Certificate or Diploma in computing (or equivalent) is desirable
• Previous experience with Mirage
• Previous experience with rebuilding computers
• Must be capable of defining a problem and applying a problem-solving methodology
• Must be able to priorities tasks and work under pressure.
• Previous customer facing roll
• Proven experience with managing and maintaining computers
Knowledge & skills
• Good working knowledge of the Windows desktop operating systems and common applications
• Proven understanding of LAN technologies
• Proven abilities in diagnostics and troubleshooting
• Proven knowledge of PC hardware
• Understanding of Active Directory
• Experience of virtualisation, inc. Desktop, and its benefits.
• Knowledge of ITIL
• Keen to learn and willing to help
• A good team player
• Excellent communications/telephone skills (essential)
Initially a 3-month contract but could be extended
Index Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
"Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion