|Job Ref:||204814504||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Edinburgh||Address:||Post Code:||EH3||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:28|
Do you want to work in a fast paced, challenging helpdesk/2nd line support team where you will be tasked with supporting internal users on both Windows and Linux machines as well as get involved in new projects to further your career?|
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced 2nd line support engineer to join a forward thinking, rapidly expanding software and hardware company based in Edinburgh.
Duties and responsibilities include:
* Providing 1st & 2nd line support to internal staff globally.
* Resolving as many issues as possible at first point of contact.
* Supporting Red Hat 7, Windows 7, Server 2012, VMWare, Cisco Active Directory, Exchange etc.
* Involving yourself on new projects, including new technology implementation and rollouts.
To be successful you must have:
* Experience supporting the Microsoft platform up to Windows 7 and Server 2012.
* Experience supporting Linux OS, ideally Red Hat, however other flavours are accepted.
* Real attention to detail and an analytical, problem solving attitude.
* Excellent communication skills.
Excellent opportunity to join an exciting, forward thinking company who are highly successful but have retained their relaxed, non corporate environment.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age