|Job Ref:||204815125||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£35000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:28|
Capita have been awarded a contract by the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) in England and the Department for Communities (DfC) in Northern Ireland for the delivery of Personal Independence Payment (PIP) assessment services.|
The changes brought in by the Welfare Reform Bill have seen the Disability Living Allowance (DLA) replaced by PIP. Capita has been contracted by the DWP and the DfC in Northern Ireland to set up and deliver services to assess claimants in central England, Wales and Northern Ireland for PIP.
Capita PIP employs a diverse range of people, taking in health professionals, enquiry centre agents and operations staff. Our aim is to deliver assessments in an empathetic, professional and dignified way on behalf of claimants, the DWP and the DfC.
Capita PIP are currently looking for a Project Manager to be based in Birmingham
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for the planning, updating, organising and managing of projects in order to meet the overall requirements of the client/business in the most cost effective and reliable manner. The Project Manager will take ownership for the delivery of allocated IT projects and business change projects. The nature of the business will require the Project Manager to be capable of working on a number of various size projects concurrently. Additionally the Project Manager will be required to work with other teams to plan, track and report on software releases planned for the Personal Independence Payment Scheme.
* Ownership and delivery of allocated IT projects for the PIP business
* Ownership and delivery of allocated business change projects for the PIP business
* Operating within an agreed PRINCE2 based methodology to ensure successful delivery to both internal and external customers
* Reporting on all aspects of project performance
* Developing, updating and managing project plans. Ensuring appropriate allocation of resource, setting of timescales and agreeing levels of client engagement
* Ensuring effective liaison and engagement on all project matters across functional team leaders and business managers
* Ensuring effective liaison with the client and provision to the client with all appropriate project material
* Ensuring effective liaison with 3rd part suppliers on all project matters
* Maintain all appropriate logs, ensuring effective pro-active management of risks, issues and assumptions
Experience and skills required:
Suitable candidates should be qualified in Prince 2 to at least Foundation level, be experienced in successfully delivering projects from inception to completion and experience of at least 1-2 technical projects.
Technical skills should include project plan development/review, scope development/planning, integration of different information management systems, and the use of reporting tools and be a competent user of IT tools (word processor, spreadsheets, MS Project, MS Visio etc)
Candidates should have strong customer facing skills - must be comfortable and confident with clients at all levels, excellent oral and written communication skills and strong problem solving and analytical abilities. Strong organisational, time management and leadership skills are essential as is the ability to work co-operatively and supportively with others and to lead and motivate teams working on projects
Microsoft Project and Project Server, Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server are desirable
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us