|Job Ref:||204815287||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£18000 - £20000/annum 6000 car allowance||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:29|
Junior Network Engineer |
London - Permanent - £20,000 + £6,000 car allowance
Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for installing Cisco Routers with LAN/WAN configuration. Implementing QoS and traffic shaping. The role also requires a good understanding of LANs and WANs.
* Working closely with the project management team and fellow engineers to provide a great client experience
* Resolve client issues remotely (phone/email) or directly on client sites (as needed)
* Give regular updates to the Project Manager for any particular client to enable client issues to be managed and resolved as quickly as possible
* Responsible for customer sign off documentation
* To carry out maintenance duties when required and work effectively with the service desk team to respond to customer needs and utilise engineering time for business benefit
* Drive customer satisfaction, reviewing areas of improvements and working with team to ensure processes and procedures are effective and up to date
* Ensure personal accreditations are up to date and appropriate for work being performed
* Cisco Certified Network Associated (CCNA) in routing and switching
* Proven track record of installation of router and switches
* Exposure to the follow product sets
* Good working knowledge of at least two Cisco areas:
* IP addressing and sub-netting
* Understanding of common LAN protocols (DNS and DHCP etc)
* Understanding of Routers
* Able to build relationship across the business
* Willingness to learn alternative manufacturer equipment and applications
* Flexibility to meet last minute business requirements.
* Willingness to work overtime when required both out of hours and weekends
* Good customer service and communication skills (ability to gain the client's trust)
* Clean driving licence
* Must be available to work around the UK and Europe if required.
* Interest and knowledge with Voice Over IP (VoIP)
* Microsoft qualified (MCP, MCSE or MCSA)
* Competence and understanding of VMware
Huntress Group does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Group acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK