|Job Ref:||204815332||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£60000 - £70000/annum + benefits||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:29|
IT Development Manager|
Established law firm is recruiting an IT Development Manager with responsibility for the day to day and strategic management of the IT Development Team. You msut have experience of software development within the legal industry and team management of developers.
As IT Development Manager key responsibilities include:
- Set the workload for all members of the IT Development Team.
- Day to day management of the IT Development Team.
- Contribute to and implement IT and business strategies in conjunction with the IT Management Team.
- Ensure defined best practice is followed in all software development.
- Ensure all departmental and system documentation is up to date.
- Liaise with other members of the IT Management Team to agree departmental processes, priorities and communication.
- Develop with IT and the business recommendations on alternative approaches, determine business and cost impact and long-term viability of solutions.
- Work with the training department, business leads and end-users in the implementation and embedding of process change.
- Analysing and preparing reports on areas of the business which require investigation to increase productivity or to introduce new technology.
- Take ownership of large scale development projects, assigning resource were necessary and escalating through the IT director were needed
- Work with PMO Manager for large projects to identify tasks and contribute to building project plans, highlighting process or resource constraints.
As IT Development Manager your skills will include:
- Team management
- Experience of software development within the legal industry
Experience of Agile development
- Ability to work with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Process change experience
- Software development life cycle and methodologies
It would be desirable if you had experience of Visual Files development, C#.Net, exposure to ITIL.
On offer is a basic of c60k-70k and benefits