|Job Ref:||204811515||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Greater Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||BL1||Salary:||£18000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:31|
HR Officer -Retail Communications Company-Manchester- Salary £18k + benefits|
The company is an independent franchise of O2. They sell O2 products and services under the O2 brand in line with O2's instructions.
They are a fun, energetic & most importantly professional company operating locally within several communities across greater Manchester, Cheshire and the Fylde coast.
They pride themselves in the bespoke customer service they offer within their first class teams of professionals. Their senior team have over 50 years' experience within retail and more specifically in the phone industry.
They deliver the best service they possibly can and never try to win a battle at the cost of an opportunity.
As HR Officer you will report to the Head of HR; your main duties will be to support the recruitment and selection of employees at all levels and complete all relevant pre-employment tasks including references.
You will also be required to compile an accurate and timely payroll report each month and to provide basic levels of advice and guidance on HR processes and policies to all employees across the business as and when required.
Other duties include support for L&D projects and training as well as providing notetaking support for meetings. You will ensure every employee receives effective communication regarding any updates and changes from the HR department. You must continually seek to develop and improve the HR systems and processes and ensure they are used to their full effect.
Whilst there is a need to provide HR Administrative support to the department, there is also an opportunity for challenge and development of new HR skills for an individual passionate about People and the HR agenda.
An empathetic and sensitive approach to work is essential as well as an attention to detail and planning.
As HR Administrator you must thrive on working in a fast paced retail business.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Payroll support, providing a monthly update to the Payroll Manager. Responsibility for the Area Holiday planner, communicating to payroll and managing and updating the Area Holiday document
• Ownership of the People Tracker; this document ensures every staff member progresses through the stages of a new starter through induction and probationary.
• Collating HR reports weekly/monthly and reviewing the contents for trends and issues; highlighting these to ensure appropriate action is taken
• Providing analysis of our Perkbox benefit scheme, ensuring starters/leavers are actioned and it is promoted within stores.
• Provide HR Helpdesk support to all staff/Managers as and when required, escalate issues were required and give procedural advice where needed.
• Carry out note taking duties as and when required to support the relevant Manager.
These are the experience, skills and values we require for any applicant or current staff member to be successful in this position. All parts excluding the desirable criteria are essential for success and must be demonstrated.
• Demonstrates resolve and confidence when reaching a judgement;
• Takes full ownership and responsibility for administrative activities relating to HR;
• Unique and motivational approach to day to day tasks;
• Takes an proactive approach to developing knowledge and skills within own profession
• Builds trust and respect within the business, ensuring you are helpdesk support for HR;
• Always seeks innovative, yet appropriate ways of working, never let complacency set in;
Essential Skills Criteria
• CIPD qualification - Certificate in HR Practice or above
• A further educational qualification in HR or business
• A passionate interest in HR and developing a career within this industry
• Proven experience in a HR administrator or officer role
• Strong sense of duty and doing the right thing
• Excellent MS Office skills and working with HR and Payroll software
• Proven track record of delivering projects on time and working under pressure.
• Can demonstrate support in an empathetic and engaging way when helping colleagues
• Able to think on your feet, multi-tasking different issues even in the face of challenges
• Some experience within a retail HR administrative or officer role
• Evidence of working within the retail industry
For the above you will be paid a salary of £18,000 plus benefits
Key Skills. Retail HR administrative, Retail industry