|Job Ref:||204812421||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:53|
Our client is a major Principal Contractor in the Infrastructure Industry. They require a Quality & Systems Manager to work as part of the team delivering works on a Crossrail project.
Position - Roles and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Project Director, the Quality and Systems Manager for this project will be accountable for establishing and ensuring implementation of all project systems relating to delivery aspects of the project and the provision of independent audit and inspection regimes.
Key responsibilities include:
1) Providing leadership and support for the team in delivering a product in line with specified quality
2) Ensuring through forward planning that there is sufficient competent resource to provide all of the necessary functions within the quality and systems team, including independent inspection
3) Ensuring that the quality and systems enable the project to be delivered in the most effective way and in line with the aspirations and targets of the Contractor and End Client and in regard to the construction quality, cost, programme, risks, safety and sustainability
4) Maintaining a Quality Management System that is certified to ISO 9001
5) Ensuring that all the necessary procedures for ensuring that the governance requirements with respect to quality and auditing are fully understood and implemented by the engineering and construction teams
6) Reviewing documentation provided by suppliers for compliance with the company quality system
7) Providing support to the construction and engineering teams and the necessary guidance, briefing and training required by individuals to carry out their work in relation to quality
8) Providing approvals for the quality documents and quality elements of documents
9) Ensuring that good collaborative relationships are developed, maintained and promoted with the Crossrail quality team providing them with confidence in the CS procedures and audit processes
10) Ensuring the formal appointment of all necessary personnel required by assurance processes
11) Providing regular and clearly communicated reports and analysis on quality performance and KPIs to the whole project team, and support the team in meeting targets and continuous improvement (i.e. NCRs, ITPs, Handover)
12) Leading external and internal audits of quality on the project
13) Ensuring that the quality and systems team provide support and assistance to other teams as necessary including the provision of all information for tracking and monitoring progress of the project
14) Promoting the behaviours and values of the company
1) Able to demonstrate the application of governance utilising business systems that develop a results driven culture of excellence throughout the project team.
2) Experience of assurance and rail systems
3) Good knowledge and practical experience of implementing and improving Quality Management Systems to ISO 9001
4) Experience of leading all quality management aspects of a construction project, including the independent verification process
5) Track record of developing a proactive and collaborative relationship with the Customer teams.
6) Experience of working in an environment of a complex structure of stakeholders and ability to maintain good relationships throughout
7) Can demonstrate good experience of working with the supply chain to support their delivery of a product in line with the required quality and that they are fully able to implement the project systems
8) Ability to be independent whilst supporting the project team to provide independent verification without compromise
9) Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with a focus on the development of people in the team to realise their potential
10) Degree qualified from a recognised University/College
11) Be an International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA), or equivalent, registered QMS Auditor
12) Be a member of the Chartered Quality Institute, or equivalent body