|Job Ref:||204808211||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Tunbridge Wells||Address:||Post Code:||TN1||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum Excellent package, car, car allowanc||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:54|
Assistant / Intermediate level Quantity Surveyor required for leading residential new build specialist. Competitive Salary + Package and excellent career opportunities. |
Randstad are looking for an Assistant / Intermediate Quantity Surveyor for a leading residential developer in Kent. This is an excellent opportunity for Assistant/ Intermediate level QS who is looking to build a career in residential development with a market leader within a supportive environment offering further training and genuine opportunities to progress.
Due to a number of new sites and phases of work starting in the next few years our client has identified the need to strengthen the numbers in the commercial team to deal with the increased workload.
The successful candidate will be working in a dedicated and motivated environment reporting into and working will directly with the Commercial Manager and a Senior Surveyor. Based in the South East regional office you will be out on site a few times a week dependant on the projects you will be working on.
Duties and responsibilities include:
* Supporting the Contract Manager and Commercial Team in the day to day management of a either a single large or multiple smaller developments
* Assisting in the development of programmes for the delivery of our services
* Assisting with Contract Administration including management of the Early Warning and Compensation Events processes.
* Taking part in contract reviews;
* Assisting in the preparation of regular management reports, estimates and cost plans in line with the brief
* Measurement of works in accordance with the various standard methods of measurements
* Maintaining contract records and correspondence
* Managing Contractor relationships as required to deliver the contract requirements
* Assisting in the settlement of construction disputes and preparing and agreeing final accounts
* Attending design team and progress meetings as necessary
* Degree Qualified (BSc Quantity Surveying) HND/HNC preferable but not essential
* Effective communication Skills
* Pro active
* Effective decision making
* Ability to motivate
* Good IT Skills inc. outlook, word and excel
* Ambition to build career and progress
* Driving licence
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT NICK PLUMRIDGE AT THE MAIDSTONE OFFICE.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business