|Job Ref:||204810920||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:54|
Quantity Surveyor |
£40,000 - £45,000
Our client, a market leader in temporary works solutions, are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to join their contracts division.
Based in the North West, they specialise in the design, supply and installation of heavy propping and jacking systems, temporary bridging façade retention and structural shoring to buildings.
To ensure that contracts are accepted on reasonable terms and valued in an accurate and timely manner dealing with claims, variations and disputes as they arise. To manage our subcontractors contract terms and assist with the processing of monthly invoices from them.
To have influence as required on the construction and content of commercial offers to clients.
• Input as required to commercial offers and associated pricing levels and specific contract terms.
• Attendance at Pre Start and contract meetings as required.
• Confirmation of customer credit and VAT status.
• Checking of orders once received and the identification and negotiation of any terms deemed unacceptable.
• Dealing with commercial contract correspondence around claims, delays and contra changes.
• Producing monthly value summaries and input applications for contracts.
• Value, notify and negotiate claims for additional work, delays etc.
• Input into the management of subcontractor terms and pricing.
• Assist with the check and approval subcontractor invoicing.
• Reduced commercial risk
• Improved financial performance of contracts through better recovery on claims.
• Timely completion of monthly accounts timetable.
• Improved cash collection through timely dispute resolution.
• Complying, monitoring and improving (where necessary) to the company's procedures.
Health & Safety
• Compliance with all Health & Safety policies
• Complying with Management Environmental documents.
Customer Service & Business Development
• Ensuring provision and maintenance of high level of service in all areas.
• Support to other team departments as required. Correct and timely completion of timesheets/expenses etc