|Job Ref:||204811020||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£60000 - £70000/annum Package||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:54|
Senior Estimator job in Central London with Market Leading Infrastructure & Industry Specialist |
Your new company
A leading global natural and built asset specialist delivering exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, engineering, project and management. A talented and passionate people with a unique combination of capabilities covering the whole project life cycle. Employing deep market sector insights and sustainability into the delivery of high profile projects across the world.
Your new role
As Estimator you will support the various teams in London an on-going projects within the Infrastructure and Industry sector. It is intended that the role will offer the opportunity to progress your career as your experience grows. You will assist in delivery of complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding.
Projects will be cross sector and include Water, Power, Rail, Aviation, Highways, Environmental, Nuclear, Pharmaceutical and Energy sectors and include the following:
* Commercial and Procurement Services to Network Rail Infrastructure
* Highways England Commercial Division
* Aviation Portfolio
* Renewable Energy sector
* National Grid, UK Power Networks and Business Advisory for UKPN
* EA Framework
* Project Delivery for Pharmaceutical Sector
* Water Capital Investment Projects
You will report to the estimating manager and provide estimating expertise within a comprehensive cost framework. Supporting a range of key projects, which will include operations, maintenance, revenue or capital.
What you'll need to succeed
* Understand how to build estimates from first principles
* Understand the key factors involved with building a robust estimate, stakeholder engagement and how to define requirements at the outset
* Capable of producing varying levels of estimates commensurate with the project stage and available information
* Understand how to interpret and apply cost data from various sources
* Understand the key information required to support a robust estimates
* Understand and can apply concepts such as risk, contingency and estimating uncertainty
* Capable of auditing estimates prepared by others and producing reports.
You will have significant estimating experience within a relevant sector or discipline and relevant professional qualification and / or accreditation.
What you'll get in return
A dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important. You will enjoy a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, an excellent benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.