|Job Ref:||204811176||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Dronfield||Address:||Post Code:||S18||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:54|
PERMANENT QUANTITY SURVEYOR REQUIRED**|
Insite International are currently recruiting for a Site - Based Quantity Surveyor to start work for a large and successful construction company immediately.
You will be working East of the Pennines, in all areas including Lincolnshire.
Duties to include the following:
To provide, maintain and control an effective site Quantity Surveying service in order to maximise the income/ profitability on an individual contract/contracts.
You will be responsible for:
• Advising the Production Management team with regard to contractual/financial information relating to each project and, in conjunction with the site team, ensuring that the site is profitable;
• Producing all monthly cost and value statements, reconciliations, and forecasts. Advising Production Management of any matters associated with monthly costs, projected final cost/values etc. which may have an adverse impact on the financial position/outcome of the project;
• Ensure all necessary financial systems and procedures are in place at commencement of each contract and that they are maintained and operated effectively to protect the companies quantity surveying/financial/commercial interests, with particular regard to records of work carried out and resources used;
• Preparing and submitting monthly applications for payment/valuations and preparing monthly out-turn value forecasts to the client's representative;
• Preparing, submitting and agreeing the final account for individual contract/contracts;
• Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the clients representatives;
• Procuring and administering sub-contractors throughout the projects from the start to the end and maintaining good working relationships;
• Ensuring that the payments to the sub-contractors are made in a timely manner and agreeing sub-contractor final accounts;
• Assisting with the preparation of tenders and checking contractual documentation;
• Administering the execution of collateral warranties when required.
The successful candidate will have/be:
• BSc in Quantity Surveying;
• A minimum of 2 years post graduate experience within the civils or building industry;
• Excellent verbal and written skills;
• Extremely organised;
• The ability to work well in a collaborative team environment;
• A confident communicator;
• The ability to multi-task and prioritise workload in order to achieve deadlines
• Our client are offering a negotiable and competitive package and salary
• You will have a company car, works mobile and laptop
• Performance related bonus
• Competitive holiday allowance
• Working hours are generally Monday to Friday, 40-45 hours per week, but overtime and weekends may be required, depending on the contract.
If you are interested and available, please call Becky at Insite International on (Apply online only) or NA, and email your CV