|Job Ref:||204812856||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£45000 - £100000/annum Car Allowance, Pension, Health Ca||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:54|
Involve Recruitment are acting on behalf of our well respected client who are seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor for their regional office in Bristol.|
The client is truly focused on building on quality, providing progressive and integrated construction solutions that represent the very best value and exceptional quality. From fit-outs and redevelopments, to residential and turn-key solutions, they meticulously plan each and every component of a projects life cycle in order to build the bigger picture.
With over 30 years in the construction industry, the client foster's a philosophy that their employees are more akin to family and are the most important tool for growth. In recognition of the essential contribution they make to their current and future prospects, they ensure that they are appropriately trained and supported in the execution of their roles.
• Ensure continued compliance with the Company's Quality System procedures and maintain appropriate records.
• Ensure personal and Company compliance with all relevant Health & Safety Legislation and Statutory Requirements, and that the Group Health & Safety Policy is fully implemented on site.
• Ensure compliance with company procedures in entering into contracts and the appointment of sub-contractors.
• Writing technical, factual and interpretative reports, ensuring the recovery of high quality accurate technical data, to agreed timescale.
• Assist with all technical aspects of projects from office to a site as requested and maintaining positive relationships with clients and staff and take actions accordingly.
• Ensure that all contracts, reports, accounts are prepared, checked and completed to the required timescale and standard.
• Maintain communication with client throughout the duration of a project, ensuring resolution of problems as they arise with a view to securing future works with the client.
• Ensure timely preparation and submission of applications for payment and monitor the identification of entitlements and receipts of payments.
• Monitor the submission of contractual notices and the agreement of measurement, daywork and other site records.
• Ensure that all measures and accounts for the department are settled within the agreed timescale.
• Ensure development of project in line with client expectations, prepare financial reports as required and identify progress and settle claims and counter claims.
• Ensure the maintenance of company files and relevant documents, correspondence, drawings and other records.
• Encouraging self-development and self-motivation.
• Maintain positive relations with the general public, and all other persons affected by the Company's activities.
• Encourage positive relationships with existing and new contractors and suppliers.
• Be aware of tender allowances with a view to ensuring financial success of a project.
• Monitor the progress of a project, highlighting reasons for delays and disruption and prepare procurement programmes and, as required, purchasing schedules.
• Coordinate and control the ordering of plant and materials and the activities of subcontractors together with direct labour, monitor quality and minimise waste.
• Attend and contribute to project review meetings, prepare information as requested.
• Prepare and produce reports and information as requested by the Commercial Manager or Commercial Director