|Job Ref:||204813447||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£33000 - £38000/annum package||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:54|
Fit-Out Construction H+S advisor |
£33,000 to £38,000 package
We are looking for a SHE Advisor with fit- Out experience to assist our Fit-Out teams with Health Safety and Environmental compliance and HSE 'best practice' on their sites.
The advisor may also have input on PQQ and Tender responses relating to SHE matters, and will be required to administer Health, Safety and Environmental Management Plans.
Based in Leeds and reporting to the H&S Manager (Construction), you will travel to sites throughout England to provide a support service to the Construction Fit-Out Teams. Experience in Fit Out preferably, or at least in a construction setting is essential.
Some of your duties will include:
* Advise management & staff on SHE matters
* Conduct site compliance audits
* Investigate incidents
* Assist with and/or deliver relevant training programmes
* Deliver induction programmes and tool-box talks as required
* Review company and subcontractors paperwork with regard to environmental issues
* Prepare information for regular departmental bulletins
* Prepare legislation updates and advisory memos
* Prepare responses for PQQs / Bids / Tenders as required
* Prepare Construction SHE Management Plans and Site Waste Management Plans
* Prepare and deliver SHE briefings if necessary
* Assist with the application for relevant licences/permits
* Audit and advise on improvements to the SHE management plan
To be considered for this role you will have:
* Minimum of four years' experience in construction (Fit Out) - essential
* A formal Health Safety and environmental qualification - essential
* Membership (or on the route to membership) of relevant professional body e.g. IOSH, IIRSM, IEMA.
* Full driving licence (essential)
* Knowledge of relevant legislation.
* Demonstrate a sound understanding of Fit Out procedures
* Experience of SHE Auditing.
* Holder of CSR / CSCS / Safepass card.
* Internal Auditor course (desirable)
* Experience gained from working on or with site teams (desirable)
If you feel the role of 'SHE Advisor' is something you would like to be considered for, please apply via the button shown or contact Stephen McConnell directly on NA or
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client