|Job Ref:||204814578||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Nottingham||Address:||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum + Benefits||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:54|
Estimator - House Build / Civil - Based in Nottingham - Premanent Role - £45,000 to £55,000 Plus Package |
The desired candidate will ensure that all commercial and contractual aspects of the projects under his/her remit are properly managed and controlled in an efficient manner to ensure the maximum return for the Group.
* Manage and fully co-ordinate the tendering and estimating process, ensuring that all tenders are correctly prices including management of the sub-contract enquiry process.
* Provide a quantity surveying function for projects from as required including cost planning to settlement of final accounts
* Work within processes for estimating and costing all schemes and continually manage the procurement proces
* Quantify all building elements and work with value managers, construction teams and direct suppliers to drive down costs.
* Advise on making cost savings generally through budgeting, prioritising, life cycle costing, value engineering techniques
* Examine quotes received and report thereon or negotiate prices with a selected contractor(s) and/or sub-contractor in accordance with the agreed schedule of rates, include negotiations on savings to an agreed budget
* Prepare monthly tender reports and supporting information
* Respond to tender enquiries during the pre-construction phase
* Provide process for preparation of Purchase Order Schedule.
* Prepare (or co-ordinate the preparation of) the schedule of works and supporting documents and issue it to suppliers/ contractors.
* Co-ordinate the presentation of cost estimates and cost plans, construction costs, professional fees and other costs forming total project costs.
* Check budget costs and monitors costs
* Establish a model costs including a total project costs for differing project types
* Continually evaluate and review total project costs identifying possible savings opportunities.
* Develop specifications/ briefs for building services and agree preferential purchase agreement with suppliers.
* Convene value engineering workshops and implement improvements
* Survey drawings and tender documentation and undertake take offs and calculate quantities and provide schedule for the tender process to obtain accurate costings.
* Ensure all tender submissions are compliant
Qualifications and Experience:
* HND/Degree qualification (construction related)
* CSCS (White / Gold Card)
Apply for this position below or alternatively for further information please contact ASAP Sid Choudhury NA or
If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please see the other vacancies on our website we are specialists in White Collar Construction Recruitment and have a range of posts available on a permanent or freelance basis