|Job Ref:||204813953||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||East Anglia||Address:||Salary:||£55000 - £65000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:55|
Role: Design Manager|
Location: East Anglia
Salary expectations: £55-£65k + package
My client who are a Top 20 Main Contractor with a Global presence in the construction and fit out sectors are expanding their teams across the UK and looking to recruit Design Managers to join their team in the East Anglia Region.
They are involved in various high profile schemes ranging from residential to retail and museums to hotels, valued anywhere from £1m up to £150m. Our client is a well recognised business with in the construction industry and they operate on a global scale, with offices based in London, Asia, and UAE.
On offer is a very attractive basic salary plus package and the chance to progress through the ranks and work in a professional working environment in one of the companies most successful & prominent divisions.
• Critique tender documentation, identify project risks.
• Appraise BREEAM obligation.
• Establish consultant requirements and obtain fee proposals.
Design planning and control
• Set design deliverables for each consultant and CDP contractor and schedule drawings, specifications and other design information required for construction.
• Develop and agree design input/output responsibilities between consultants and subcontractors with design responsibilities.
• For D&B review and agree designer's internal control and ISO9001 compliance.
• Monitor progress and status of RFI's and document control.
• Agree format for drawing production and release with design team.
• Monitor document verification and document control for project.
• Lead regular meetings to vet and comment on design information.
• Review alternative materials to maximise profit.
• Review and comment upon design information provided by consultants and subcontractors.
• Flexible team member
• Ability to communicate positively and effectively
• Technical and design skills
• Understanding of design and construct process.
• Process driven
• Good manager of people
• Ability to work effectively on a number of projects at one time
• Prioritise the requirement of several Project Managers