|Job Ref:||204813793||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£NEG Dependant on Experience||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:55|
Contract Manager (Building) - London |
£Depending on Experience
We have an opening for an experienced Contract Manager for London based building projects. You will be helping to manage the contracts for social housing projects with the help of the project managers. The projects range from converting commercial space into Apartments, to new build multiple home housing developments.
As you would expect for a Contract Manager role proven experience of contracts and building is required, an ability to build robust JCT forms of contract is important, your responsibilities will be similar across the projects.
As Contracts Manager you will play a key role in the delivery of the project from the head office, some travel to site will be expected. You will program and monitor the overall progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate with the help of your onsite project managers. You will liaise with stakeholders and closely manage the contracts from both the client and to the subcontractors.
Your role responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
* Responsible for overall management and delivery of the contract.
* Contracts Manager will be principle point of contact for the Client.
* Responsible for commercial performance of sub contracts.
* Managing project teams.
* Maintaining client/customer relationships, including the successful delivery of projects.
* Planning, programming and delivery of works to clients programme
* Ensuring company safety and environmental standards are maintained and ensuring high quality control.
Requirements for the role:
* Minimum 5 years Contract Management experience, with at least 10years in a building contractor role.
* Demonstrated track record in the successful management of contracts/projects ranging between £2M and £20M.
* Experience in managing project delivery teams.
* Strong understanding and experience in contract management.
* Excellent cost management skills.
* 3rd level qualification in a Civil or Construction course, or a relevant discipline, would be advantageous but not essential.
* Strong understanding of Environmental, Health, Safety and Quality management systems.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Project.
* Drivers licence.
If you feel this 'Contracts Manager' role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button or contact Stephen at on NA
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client