|Job Ref:||204813679||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Pulborough||Address:||Post Code:||RH20||Salary:||£22000 - £25000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:55|
Facilities Maintenance Technician - West Sussex, £22-25kpa plus benefits.|
Our West Sussex based client is a leader in the design and manufacture of electronic equipment for a number of industries.
They require a Facilities Maintenance Technician to lead on all planned and responsive facilities, maintenance and service related tasks ensuring the building, plant, equipment and grounds are maintained to a high standard. The successful candidate will be able to plan and execute facilities repairs, general decoration, grounds maintenance, routine plant and equipment preventative maintenance and safety and security checks.
* Planning and executing a schedule of maintenance, servicing and facilities requirements as directed.
* Liaising with Purchasing on the selection, price and requirements of third party maintenance and service contractors including certified electricians and plumbers.
* Carrying out painting and decorating works to interior and exterior of the building in accordance with lease requirements and to maintain good decorative order.
* Carry out essential health and safety checks and maintain accurate and up to date records.
* Assembling benches and other equipment.
* Maintain flooring in all areas including requirements for office or factory reorganisation.
* Liaising with the landlord on exterior site (Green Works) and building fabrication issues.
* Overseeing third party cleaning service and addressing any concerns or issues relating to same.
* Control of refreshments stock, ordering supplies and distribution, maintaining the water chiller system and control of ESD coats including receiving deliveries and distribution.
* Ensuring daily facility walk through in order to identify any maintenance, health and safety or security concerns and implement remedial corrective action.
* Liaising with Security Services to ensure service requirements are executed as agreed.
* Arranging and carrying portable appliance testing.
* Liaising with the Company's Health and Safety Advisor and Environmental Management team.
* Vetting and ensuring contractors comply with the Company's requirements for contractor management.
* Providing support to the Logistics Team as and when required.
* Responsibility for adhering to the Company's ISO 9001 Quality, ISO14001 Environmental and Health and Safety management systems.
* Exceptional communication skills with both internal and external customers.
* MS Office skills (Word and Excel).
* Approachable and personable and level headed when making decisions under pressure.
* Previous experience of selecting and managing suppliers and contractors.
* Previous experience of similar size facility and planning maintenance and servicing works.
* A good knowledge of plumbing and/or electrics.
* Ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues and external contractors essential.
* Ability to use hand tools and equipment and operate in a safe and responsible manner.
* Valid driving licence is required.
For more details please contact Steve Read at Search Technical.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age