|Job Ref:||204812531||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Catterick Garrison||Address:||Post Code:||DL9||Salary:||£31000 - £36000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:55|
Mobile Authorised Person|
Teeside / North Yorkshire
£31000 - £36000
M&E Supervisor / manager with an in depth knowledge of JSP 375- Management of health and safety in defence.
Significant practical experience of Safe Systems of Work including:
Management of the Operational Delivery of JSP375
Ability to solve problems and make decisions
Ability to work on own initiative
Demonstrable experience of working in a collaborative environment.
Experience of supervising site operations, including:
Managing staff in the appropriate disciplines
Planning, directing and controlling activities
Management of resources to achieve results
Agreeing scope and priorities of work
* HND level qualification in an Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience
Technical qualifications & training as required by JSP 375, including:
Emergency first aid
Management level qualification in H&S and Environment (e.g. SMSTS)
* Accept responsibility for the practical implementation and operation of JSP375 to support the effective and timely delivery of Additional Works, planned and response maintenance.
* Ensure as far as reasonably practical that all persons within the Service Delivery Area observe the requirements of JSP375.
* Assess the competence of Skilled Persons for appointment to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks and review experience and performance regularly.
* Produce high quality Risk Assessments and Method Statements and, where required, issue safety programmes and Permits to Work.
* Provide professional and technical support and advice to site team, Supply Chain, DIO and end users.
* Record all tasks against the appropriate assets in the WorkManager system and ensure all documentation relating to jobs is completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner.
* Manage project work as directed by Management and confer with the Additional Works team to ensure that all works are completed to the required standards.
* Review site risk registers, follow maintenance and management processes, notify Management of any defects on equipment or systems and attained and contribute to risk meetings as required.
* Reduce the number of corrective actions (CARs) raised and close existing CARs within agreed timescales.
* Liaise closely with Authorising Engineers and take ownership of personal training plan, familiarisation and knowledge across all sites within the Service Delivery Area, maintain accurate records within personal log book for site attendance and activities undertaken.
* Identify opportunities on establishments that will support the MoD's carbon reduction targets.
* Work in collaboration with colleagues to provide consistent approach to delivering the requirements of JSP 375 across the contract.
* Understand operational priorities of the HoE, develop and maintain close working and effective relationships with DIO and end users to pro-actively support estate activities and provide professional and technical advice as required.
* Support end users in the development of new work requirements including the provision of formal Additional Works project submissions.
* Support the Helpdesk in responding to requests for professional and technical advice
* Arrange appropriate training and provide sufficient and timely supervision, assessment and coaching for Skilled Persons and instruct all persons who are required to operate equipment which is under the control of the Authorised Person.
* Ensure Skilled Persons are aware of any restrictions related to their work and, where necessary, suspend the appointment of Skilled Persons.
* Pro-actively support a safety culture in which teams and individuals are responsible and accountable for their actions, perform at their best and engage and follow in the requirements of JSP375.
* Manage cost and stakeholder expectation through excellent communication and sound commercial decisions to ensure value for money.
* Work with all stakeholders to support the management and mitigation of contract risk.
* Contribute to the production of ESTS, FASP and ESRs across the Service Delivery Area.
* Ensure operations are delivered efficiently and economically in order to promote a profitable business
This role offers long term security and career progression.
Don't delay apply here
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website